Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is he selling after only this week deciding to take a back seat? What’s changed?

Some might argue that he was going to be asset stripped and he is selling before the club is taken off him but in his statement he has forgone the loan and will give the sale revenue to charity. Quick sale is not an option.

Something doesn’t add up. Putin calling in the people he made rich? Patriotic move or something sinister?
He’s selling as the wheeze of having the charity run it won’t work practically or legally

I'm I missing something here ?
He said he doesn't want the 1.5 bil in loans back and any net funds go to the conflict
He bought Chelsea for 140mil and if he gets around 3 bil is he seriously giving up 2.8 billion ?

He said he doesn't want the 1.5 bil in loans back and any net funds go to the conflict
He bought Chelsea for 140mil and if he gets around 3 bil is he seriously giving up 2.8 billion ?

It’s likely by the time he sells the government would seize the money anyway.

They won’t seize money so publicly going to charity to help Ukraine.

He’s paying to put himself on the right side of history by donating 3Bn he’d never get to keep

Same way he claimed to be part of the peace talks process but wasn’t spotted in any of the videos with the massive delegations from both sides.

If I had to guess he’s probably playing a long game and hoping with the positive press this generates he can get some breathing room to return to London in a few years when this all settles down - he’s not been able to live in london for the last few years due to government crackdowns on the origin of oligarchs money.

I suspect Chelsea will remain 'for sale', but never actually sold until the current situation blows over. The charity thing and donations to war victims are just enough to stop Chelsea and maybe his other assets being frozen.

RA writing off a £1.5b debt owed to him by Chelsea. Club should be screwed with the debt & not saved by it's current owner. How does this sit with FFP?
Surely that debt he’s writing off will still be on books and become payable to the FA as a football debt. No fucking way can it be that easy to circumvent FFP surely? Uefa can’t be that shit incompetent or corrupt can they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.