Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t mind Chelsea me. I don’t like them, but I don’t hate them. I’d take Chelsea over Spurs Arsenal and Millwall any day of the week.

Still West Ham for me in London though, with respect for all the “smaller” clubs fans who haven’t felt the need to just support the bigger London clubs or United/Liverpool.

By many mates’ accounts in Portugal, many City and Chelsea fans got on very well and did our country proud where a weekend in the sunshine on the beer after 18 months cooped up could have been a recipe for disaster!
On our bus back to Lisbon at 6am on the Sunday it was full of Chelsea fans. As sickening as it was and still fucked from the previous days the Chelsea fans were class with us. No gloating just genuine interest in talking about the game etc.. I’d have them any day over United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham

I've never been impressed by Jorginho. Shows how media hype can flip facts on their head - can you believe this gopher was touted as Ballon d'Or candidate.
I think he,s a brilliant player tbh.
Esp under Sarri a few years back when his deep lying play maker role was top notch,imo.

On our bus back to Lisbon at 6am on the Sunday it was full of Chelsea fans. As sickening as it was and still fucked from the previous days the Chelsea fans were class with us. No gloating just genuine interest in talking about the game etc.. I’d have them any day over United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham
I went for a nightcap in the bar opposite my Airbnb the night before the game in Porto... There were around 10 Chelsea fans having a ruby and some were the worst for wear by that point.. I was wearing my Mercer jacket and got some pelters at first but one of the lads said come and join us... They were a great bunch who'd been there through the shite times (a little like us) and none of them expected to win the final... They said "nobody beats Pep three times in a season" (or was it 4) ... They bought me beer and we had a good old chin wag.. Never saw them on matchday..

The only Chelsea fans I saw who were wankers were in hospitality at the back of our stand.. A guy with his teenage lads got some grief from them (after the final whistle???) when they threatened to come down and fill him in.. We had been singing about rent boys though... to be fair :-D

Great respect to you bud for showing up after what was virtually a rout. I think even you would have to admit now that Tuchel is a pathologically defensive coach. I can't for the life of myself understand it. You are the title favourites, European champions, on a run of 3 in a row over Pep, and you set up like QPR in the famous match. Lukaku might as well have had lunch in the local pub for all the use he was on the pitch.

This game ended up being a very defensive performance, but no I don't think Tuchel is inherently (or pathologically) a defensive coach. He was bemoaning our inability to escape City's press, so I don't think being so defensive was part of the plan, but we were forced into playing that way due to City's ferocious press and ball retention.

One thing I will say about Chelsea fans (in general): they're very pragmatic. They don't spout bollocks about a "Chelsea Way" or "Chelsea DNA," and they don't think they have a God-given right to be entertained like some other clubs' fans.

We tend to think our DNA is just winning :)

Of course we all prefer to win playing amazing football, but we can accept pragmatic football if it's also winning football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.