Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take your point in that they are very good at what they do, but those three games last season where as much to do with our team selections as anything Chelsea did. We put ourselves at a disadvantage in every game
Not to mention that if Sergio hadn’t fucked around with the penalty in one of them, we would have gone 2-0 up, and that would have been game over, IMHO.

I take your point in that they are very good at what they do, but those three games last season where as much to do with our team selections as anything Chelsea did. We put ourselves at a disadvantage in every game

Well there is a debate as to how much we contributed to our loss vs how well they played. I am not in the camp that we lost the CL because of Pep.
Fine margins. for me the best two teams on England and possibly Europe at present and whoever turns up set up most effectively, sustains the effort, and gets a little luck will win. today it was us, and about time.

There can never be a definitive answer to that as we'll never know. The other two games however we certainly played weakened teams and as for the Final, well I'm the camp that says we were weakened by virtue of not playing a defensive midfielder. Like I said, I do think they're good at what they do, but it's telling that when we play a full strength side we were much, much better than them in their own back yard.
It seems insane to say it, but the poor penalty Aguero took in the league game affected the CL final
Aguero scores, we win comfortably and the tactics and thinking from both sides for the final changes

Refreshingly honest interview by Tuchel after the game. Admitted the best team won, no complaints and nailed it when he said Chelsea played like they were protecting something, but they weren’t. What a difference from the moaning clown Ole.

The media did our team talk , every pundit fancied Chelski , their fans were full of it , the current Champions seen as also-rans , even the bookies made them favourites , well we well and truly shoved it right up them , we didnt just win we annihilated them. They might have scraped three victories under Tuchel against us , but it doesnt fool anyone , and they might have the trophy, but on our day we are the best team in europe.
Anyone can win a 90 minute cup game , the real measure is a 38 game season in the toughest league in europe , and we are the masters under Pep , everyone else is playing for 2nd place this season until he decides on another well deserved sabatical.

I'll be here alright, chatting with decent City fans who have an interest in discussing football in good faith. You are free to ignore my posts, if my presence here annoys you so much.
Great respect to you bud for showing up after what was virtually a rout. I think even you would have to admit now that Tuchel is a pathologically defensive coach. I can't for the life of myself understand it. You are the title favourites, European champions, on a run of 3 in a row over Pep, and you set up like QPR in the famous match. Lukaku might as well have had lunch in the local pub for all the use he was on the pitch.

Point taken, I expected more from them though, Rodri must have thought it was Christmas the way he strolled through the middle, never put under any pressure
I've never been impressed by Jorginho. Shows how media hype can flip facts on their head - can you believe this gopher was touted as Ballon d'Or candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.