Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
What fucking parallels? One is owned by a Russian who is a close associate of a war hungry wankstain, the other is owned by a successfully businessman and member of the Abu Dhabi Royal family. Hardly comparable
the other is owned by a successfully businessman and member of the Abu Dhabi Royal family. Hardly comparable
=========
Along with Silverlake (USA) & CMC (China). As you say, no parallels at all.

Normally don't like responding to rage posts, I'll lead off by saying I agree with you personally that Mansour strikes me as a lot less sketchy than RA.

However, the parallels are that both clubs are owned by successful businessmen whose wealth originated from their home country - one is an oligarch and one is a royal. Both of these owners are still perceived as significantly involved in the governance of these countries, Mansour is in the royal family of a functioning monarchy, for example. From there, it's pretty straightforward that if the foreign affairs of one's home country can lead to sanctions that ruin a football club's ability to operate, the same could happen to the other owner/football club.

As has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, this seems unlikely to be an issue with the UAE, and that's something we should be thankful for.
Have you not heard about Silver Lake. & CMC?

Just to clarify then, the only comparable is they are both businessmen, both successful, and both have limits to, or in our case own a football club. Everything else they are completely different individuals, have principles and morals and stand for very different things.
Both are perceived (rightfully or wrongfully) as politically connected to their government's decision-making organs. They also both have effective control over their football clubs (majority ownership). That's a parallel, right? I think it is. UAE's actions could impact MCFC if Russia's actions can impact Chelsea. That's all I'm saying. Brave new world, etc etc.

Just food for thought! Not trying to suggest Mansour invades neighboring countries.

Normally don't like responding to rage posts, I'll lead off by saying I agree with you personally that Mansour strikes me as a lot less sketchy than RA.

However, the parallels are that both clubs are owned by successful businessmen whose wealth originated from their home country - one is an oligarch and one is a royal. Both of these owners are still perceived as significantly involved in the governance of these countries, Mansour is in the royal family of a functioning monarchy, for example. From there, it's pretty straightforward that if the foreign affairs of one's home country can lead to sanctions that ruin a football club's ability to operate, the same could happen to the other owner/football club.

As has been mentioned elsewhere in the thread, this seems unlikely to be an issue with the UAE, and that's something we should be thankful for.
Absolute bunch of horseshit

Any reason we don’t keep seeing the happenings at Chelsea being linked to Sheffield United?? Just City.

Mmmmmmm I don’t like the tone you are using towards City or the Sheikh. Maybe you could stop spreading shit with no factual evidence to back up your misplaced information.

Mansour has no resemblance to Red Roman at all apart from coming from the East and both having made their wealth in oil and that is were the similarities stop. Chelsea/Russia and the death of innocent Ukrainians is what should be discussed not another veiled attempt to attack MCFC.

If and when Mansour kills innocent people then we can all discuss MCFC’s demise but in the meantime fuck off with your shit.

Last edited:
Have you not heard about Silver Lake. & CMC?
Good point! It might matter, but every other conversation about sanctions from the UK government discussed "effective control" aka majority ownership.

Put another way, if Chelsea was only 78% RA, wouldn't the Treasury just seize the shares? And therefore dictate how the club was run? And therefore require a special license? I think it would. I'd be surprised if the government let RA off on a technicality like that. It's a good point though, I'm not sure how the CMC and Silver Lake would have their rights preserved/protected in CFG in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.