Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel for the Chelsea fans in all of this. Forget the owners, we all know a club is the product of its fans and local community.

That’s not to disagree with the government’s decision, but frankly when the affairs of one man who is so far removed in all respects from the club’s traditional supporters, mean that a fundamentally British supporters’ club had to suffer, with fans unable to purchase match tickets or merch, that is quite tragic for me.

Wouldn’t want our club to suffer for Mansour’s wrongdoing (not that he has done any). Sadly there’s no other way of dealing with this.

It's barely been mentioned, but Abramovich now has little, if any, incentive to sell Chelsea. Insolvency, points deductions etc. may be just around the corner

Both are perceived (rightfully or wrongfully) as politically connected to their government's decision-making organs. They also both have effective control over their football clubs (majority ownership). That's a parallel, right? I think it is. UAE's actions could impact MCFC if Russia's actions can impact Chelsea. That's all I'm saying. Brave new world, etc etc.

Just food for thought! Not trying to suggest Mansour invades neighboring countries.
Henri, you are forgetting one important thing. Oil, the Russians have loads but we can't have it. The UAE and the Saudis have even more and if we say please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on, they will let us have more than we currently get.
The British Government, as stupid as they are, are not going to impose any sanctions and risk the UK being plunged back into the victorian era where people were worried about how much horse shit was on the road. Sheikh Mansour is not going to be sanctioned.
Now get some sleep.

Nike apparently thinking about pulling out of the deal they have with Chelsea.

Shirt sponsors Three have put their £40m agreement on hold and kit suppliers Nike, who agreed a 15-year, £900m deal with Chelsea in 2016, are considering ‘walking away’. That would see the club miss out on £540m (Mail)

I do feel for the Chelsea fans in all of this. Forget the owners, we all know a club is the product of its fans and local community.

That’s not to disagree with the government’s decision, but frankly when the affairs of one man who is so far removed in all respects from the club’s traditional supporters, mean that a fundamentally British supporters’ club had to suffer, with fans unable to purchase match tickets or merch, that is quite tragic for me.

Wouldn’t want our club to suffer for Mansour’s wrongdoing (not that he has done any). Sadly there’s no other way of dealing with this.
I always find the game being dragged into politics fucking depressing tbh. Most working folk seek to escape the day to day misery of life through following football and other sports but it seems that once we've punished Russia, shown solidarity with Ukraine, taken a knee, done up our rainbow laces and had a minutes silence for something it's becoming a farce - particularly as we are all expected to tune in to the world cup in Qatar.

Nike apparently thinking about pulling out of the deal they have with Chelsea.

Shirt sponsors Three have put their £40m agreement on hold and kit suppliers Nike, who agreed a 15-year, £900m deal with Chelsea in 2016, are considering ‘walking away’. That would see the club miss out on £540m (Mail)
This will be their new kit
F687DB45-E16D-4F3B-A05F-E818EC706F83.jpeg

Hope your right, but with cancel culture now reaching football clubs (and countries) as a whole I wouldn't be too certain about anything, rightly or wrongly. Depending on what actually happens with Chelsea, once that is through I can see the spotlight falling on us and the Saudis at Newcastle
Deloony and nostrils Harris are on the case already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.