Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally nothing wrong with what Chelsea were doing. Clubs do similar things all the time. Joao Felix signed a one year extension to his deal that already had 3 years left on it to help Atleti reduce his annual hit on the books down to just 4m. Give a guy a 5 year contract and extend it for 3 years more 1 year into that original contract I guess is going to be the new around these rules or are they going to crack down on contract extensions too?
Yes, you exemplify nicely the Pandora‘s box that UEFA are opening. The madness of rule makers.

Literally nothing wrong with what Chelsea were doing. Clubs do similar things all the time. Joao Felix signed a one year extension to his deal that already had 3 years left on it to help Atleti reduce his annual hit on the books down to just 4m. Give a guy a 5 year contract and extend it for 3 years more 1 year into that original contract I guess is going to be the new around these rules or are they going to crack down on contract extensions too?
You can have whatever length of contract you like. You’ll only be able to amortise the cost over five years. Your club, whose former owner was one of the cunts behind FFP, is taking the piss with their spending and trying to get around the rules it helped invent and for a change it appears UEFA is taking a look at someone other than ourselves and PSG, so take some of your own medicine.

Pretty sure not even UEFA would be mad enough to make the rule retrospective because the fall out would not just be in Chelsea it would be every club where the player where a fee was involved and the players tenure exceede 5 years would have to be re assessed
God that would take nearly 30 seconds per player.

You can have whatever length of contract you like. You’ll only be able to amortise the cost over five years. Your club, whose former owner was one of the cunts behind FFP, is taking the piss with their spending and trying to get around the rules it helped invent and for a change it appears UEFA is taking a look at someone other than ourselves and PSG, so take some of your own medicine.

Amen!

Oh please. It’s kind of ironic that after railing against UEFA for long you’re suddenly on their side the minute they go after a different club. Interesting. Chelsea weren’t doing anything wrong. They are cracking down on this because it’s easy. I personally do not care one way or the other. It’s not like I’m dying to hand out 8 year contracts. I’m perfectly fine with 5 year contracts. It’s just seems very silly to crack down on this so quickly.

Oh please. It’s kind of ironic that after railing against UEFA for long you’re suddenly on their side the minute they go after a different club. Interesting. Chelsea weren’t doing anything wrong. They are cracking down on this because it’s easy. I personally do not care one way or the other. It’s not like I’m dying to hand out 8 year contracts. I’m perfectly fine with 5 year contracts. It’s just seems very silly to crack down on this so quickly.

:) Really. It's just am FFP dodge and you know it. Let's see how many 8 year contracts Chelsea sign after the rules change.

Are you fine with getting away with the £1.6bn debt you had on the books being wiped out? I`m sure you wouldnt have cared if it was City in the same boat.......................

I’m not “on uefa’s side”, but I find the irony rather delicious.

Especially as Chelsea were one of the 8 that wrote to CAS asking for a quick decision as they thought it would kick City out of Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.