Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes, that's why it was an obvious FFP dodge. i like @Vialli98 as a poster, but he would be doing himself a favour by just saying that.

FFP dodge sounds quite negative but finding a way to comply/dodge (choose whichever word that fits) FFP while spending lots of money isn't something that deserves criticism. Falling foul of the rules, yes but structuring contracts as a way to comply with the existing rules seemed fine to me.

FFP dodge sounds quite negative but finding a way to comply/dodge (choose whichever word that fits) FFP while spending lots of money isn't something that deserves criticism. Falling foul of the rules, yes but structuring contracts as a way to comply with the existing rules seemed fine to me.
I don’t have a problem with it, but it’s not something I’d like to see my club doing. You’re gambling massively on these players coming good, because you’re basically spending future transfer windows’ money now. If they turn out shit (and you’re hardly performing great so far) it’s going to be next to impossible to strengthen in the medium term.

I don’t have a problem with it, but it’s not something I’d like to see my club doing. You’re gambling massively on these players coming good, because you’re basically spending future transfer windows’ money now. If they turn out shit (and you’re hardly performing great so far) it’s going to be next to impossible to strengthen in the medium term.

Yeah for sure that is true but that also depends on the contracts themselves and how they're structured. For example, if Badiashile (who looks amazing so far btw) ends up being not that good/useful to Chelsea and he's still got 6 years left on his deal, I doubt selling him back to the French league will be a huge problem. I could see it being an issue with the top end prospects like Mudryk who will be on 97K a week and likely heavily incentivised, meaning he could be on 120K in a year or two, but if he flops, shifting him could be an issue as he likely wouldn't get a contract like that anywhere else.

I was told today that UEFA are planning to limit the amortisation period of player contracts to 5 years, which I assume is attempting to close this loophole. That said, giving a player in his early 20's a 7-8 year contract shouldn't stop a club doing this, but this is UEFA we're talking about.

I was told today that UEFA are planning to limit the amortisation period of player contracts to 5 years, which I assume is attempting to close this loophole. That said, giving a player in his early 20's a 7-8 year contract shouldn't stop a club doing this, but this is UEFA we're talking about.

Yep that's what the last couple of pages of discussion has been about. You can still give out 8 year contracts but the amortisation can only stretch as far as 5 years.

Luis enrique is coming

Last I checked, he was in talks to take over the Brazil national team. There's no chance Potter is being sacked while this season is ongoing and most likely will be given at least a portion of next season before he's in any legit danger.

Yeah for sure that is true but that also depends on the contracts themselves and how they're structured. For example, if Badiashile (who looks amazing so far btw) ends up being not that good/useful to Chelsea and he's still got 6 years left on his deal, I doubt selling him back to the French league will be a huge problem. I could see it being an issue with the top end prospects like Mudryk who will be on 97K a week and likely heavily incentivised, meaning he could be on 120K in a year or two, but if he flops, shifting him could be an issue as he likely wouldn't get a contract like that anywhere else.
Winston Bogarde.

Winston Bogarde.
Ok that’s one player signed way before FFP was even UEFAs wet dream and before squad numbers were restricted in the way they are now.

Bogarde was not going to walk away from his contract as was his right and he clearly didn’t give a fig that he wasn’t playing which to be honest is found very very rarely in footballers particularly in the modern era when the players are often millionaires by the time they reach mid 20s.

Most big money signings come with a 5 year deal and every one is a gamble come to that it’s a gamble every time you extend a deal to any player

Clubs nowadays are a little more subtle when it comes to getting a player out such as not involving a player in first team training , first team matchday squads etc players with egos hate that

In the good ole days if a club wanted a player out they made the players life a misery for instance I know a player that a club wanted out he had to travel with the first team on a Tuesday returning home at around 3.00am ( having not featured in the team or indeed the squad ) only to have to travel the next day with the reserves again didn’t get to even put on a shirt again not getting home till the early hours this happened to him week in week out till he had no choice but to agree to a move. Yes it was bullying but that sort of thing went on all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.