Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see they have dropped another £20m on a kid from Villa. I dont understand their transfer policy but it seems to be buy everyone that any other Club may have an interest in. It’s very strange.
The new owner is interfering in acquisition policy. Can only end in tears a la rags.

Where they getting all this cash from ? Seem to be signing a few players this window

Where they getting all this cash from ? Seem to be signing a few players this window

Part of the buying price was an extra 1.75B set aside to be spent on the club - transfers, infrastructure etc. The new owners have big plans to increase revenue over the coming years and the spending will likely level out over that period, but they were always going to spend the very first window trying to make a statement.

Matt Law initially said the spending budget was 200m this summer, but could get up to 300m for the right targets.

Part of the buying price was an extra 1.75B set aside to be spent on the club - transfers, infrastructure etc. The new owners have big plans to increase revenue over the coming years and the spending will likely level out over that period, but they were always going to spend the very first window trying to make a statement.

Matt Law initially said the spending budget was 200m this summer, but could get up to 300m for the right targets.
How is that possible with FFP, surely they still have to meet that, otherwise we could just take out a billion loan and spend?

How is that possible with FFP, surely they still have to meet that, otherwise we could just take out a billion loan and spend?

I don’t actually know exactly how the new FFP rules work. It’s a good question I guess, I assume clubs have to balance out their finances over a given period of time, so if that’s true, Chelsea going big this summer could mean lesser spending in the coming windows plus more outgoings.

The right targets? Seems abit haphazard. Not sure what to make of Chelsea.

Chelsea losses will be 100 of millions if they don’t sell anyone

Yeah I mean so far we’ve spent around £150m on 4 players (if Cucurella gets over the line) and very little outgoings. Eventually some players will have to make way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.