Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He appointed a complete arsehole to run the club early doors. Put it right in about a week.
So you’re saying it took him one week to learn the job and turn into a shining example of ownership? I’ll take that

It's clear that the whole club is in such a negative state psychologically at this point that it's hard to see how we compete against one of this season's best teams.

However, we hate Arsenal, and we play better against sides who come at us.

It's not impossible that we get something, unless Frank, again plays a defensive midfield system with no attackers.

Unlikely that we get something, but not impossible. Plus, we have a decent knack of killing off London rivals' title bids - see Battle of the Bridge, 2016: https://www.skysports.com/football/...elsea-and-tottenhams-infamous-match-revisited

Don’t why chelsea just don’t park the bus! Lampard played under Mourinho long enough to pick up some of Mourinhos bus numbers

Don’t why chelsea just don’t park the bus! Lampard played under Mourinho long enough to pick up some of Mourinhos bus numbers
I think you're maybe getting a little confused with the association between Mourinho and the PTB phrase.

Mourinho first used the term 'park the bus' in the Prem (19 Sep 2004 after a 0-0 draw with Spuds) to describe how many teams played against Chelsea. He didn't win three Prem titles by doing the same.

The PTB phrase was previously used more widely in Portugal, so I don't think Jose lays a claim to inventing it overall, but certainly brought it to England.

Also,and sorry to have to break this here, but it isn't Chelsea's objective to play for a point and therefore secure City the title. We never play for a draw. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.