Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably equally on left and right which was always the progression plan imo. Don't think Grealish would have had any more problem pushing the Sterling of the last two seasons out than he did a Foden with patchy fitness.
That is probably true but it was more about game time, we'd have had Phil, Raz & Jack competing for the left of the front 3, Raz more likely to cross for Erling but Jack is more secure with the ball & Pep loves to rotate players. Like I said hypothetical.

I hope you're not calling me a Saints fan
Woops. Grovelling apologies, sir. The reference to Southampton threw me: "location" on one, associated incorrectly with "team supported" on the other. May I put it down to failing eyesight, the burden of years etc., and get the sympathy vote? Had I paid more attention to the tone of your many posts I would not have made such a mistake.
Just shows that you can always learn something new, like paying attention.

Whatever you may think of City's owners, Abu Dhabi or the club, the last thing you could reasonably accuse them of would be "a little creative accounting". To state the obvious, neither club nor owner is close to bankruptcy, and the people at the top are not short of a few bob, so why fiddle anything, even to the tune of a few tens of millions? They want to be successful in this undertaking; they are in it for the long term. Why risk the whole Manchester City and wider CFG enterprise by fiddling the books? I suppose that, like other businesses, they will try to avoid paying any more tax than they have to, but as for "creative accounting", it doesn't sound at all likely.
I think we are in different tracks here sir.

You are apparently referring to the quantum of Mansour's fortune, whereas I see any need for creative accounting as being related to being able to spend it within the confines of FFP.

Maybe I'm confused?

Woops. Grovelling apologies, sir. The reference to Southampton threw me: "location" on one, associated incorrectly with "team supported" on the other. May I put it down to failing eyesight, the burden of years etc., and get the sympathy vote? Had I paid more attention to the tone of your many posts I would not have made such a mistake.
Just shows that you can always learn something new, like paying attention.
We live on the edge of Portsmouth/Southampton border with a saints postcode & its mad. My wife has family who won't visit because of it

You are apparently referring to the quantum of Mansour's fortune, whereas I see any need for creative accounting as being related to being able to spend it within the confines of FFP.

Maybe I'm confused?
What sort of Chelsea fan is on another clubs fans forum arguing about FFP and accounting 1 minute before his own team kicks off?

sniff.

I think that if you are accusing anyone of racism you'd better have some proof.

And as far as the red teams argument is concerned, I'm sorry but I can't get with that particular conspiracy, even as a Blue who dislikes those clubs as much you probably do.

As stated here already, I obviously don't know enough about the charges City have been and currently are under.

I think that as a neutral observer it's human nature to sometimes think there's no smoke without fire. I think you'd probably feel the same if, for example, the Rags were under similar and repeated scrutiny?

My honest opinion? I suspect City are probably guilty of a little accounting creativity, and I don't really care because I'd guess my club and others have done similar.

What about Real Madrid?! They've been getting away with state sanctioned accounting corruption for years!

I suspect it will all amount to not very much in the end. People will, get paid off, and life will go on.
Trouble is, we're already seen to be cheats, you have already formed that opinion of us yourself if, after reading through your numerous posts over the last few hours is anything to go by..

If we end up with a slap on the wrist which we most probably will then we will be tarnished forever with the cheats tag..

It's been commented on that you don't know the facts, haven't read the details and have pieced together your opinion on our club by what you have read and heard in the media.

Bit dangerous that..

Like it's been pointed out, it's a raw subject to all City fans so trying to be clever on here doesn't put you in a good light..

Good luck tonight..!

Maybe I'm confused?
As you say, different tracks quite likely. I almost added to my post that this says nothing about FFP about which I know little. So I should have held my peace. Some day I may learn which of the FFP rules the club is said to have broken, perhaps when the FA Reveals All. Still, would the gain from stepping over the line of "fair play" be worth the risk of a very nasty backlash? More likely a mistake made from failure to grasp the subtleties of FFP?
Any way, as the poet said, these are, perhaps,"things we too much discuss, too much explain". (I do anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.