Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

I think that's right. If he doesn't deliver, then he's out. But you've got to ask yourself, how many managers have Chelsea had in the last ten years? It's the kind of thing we did at one point. And it was no good for us, and it probably won't be for them.
During our sack the management times we wasn't close to winning the champions league
Can't really compare the two.

It could have. It could have easily been 3-0 at HT. The worst thing this team did today was get my hopes up by only being 1-0 down at HT. Useless bastards
Thoughts on the manager?

Boehly has a lot to answer for, he's made a pig's ear with the recruitment of players but managers are easier to get rid of. Will we see a 4th Chelsea manager in a little over 2 years come the Summer?

Injuries have nothing to do with coaching a style of play.
They have fielded 11 players every week and every time they look like they dont know how to put two passes together, reliant on Palmer delivering some sort of magic to get them points.

I think it speaks volumes that a squad player under the tutleage of Pep for just a few years has gone there and looks like Messi.

There squad is full of internationals and years of professional experience, we aren't talking about Poch playing a load of 16yr olds here.

At City, no matter who plays, it is all in the exact same style and our football has an identity to it.

Within the first 6mths of being here Pep had the team playing his brand of football, it wasn't as succesful but that is because we had the likes of Kolarov at CB but you could see what he was trying to do. What are Chelsea trying to do, play posession football, play with high wingers, play with a false 9? Nobody has a fucking clue.
Injuries, and Fatigue,do have everything to do with style of play.

take a look at our own performance in the 1st half esp against Chelsea.miss placed passes galore from world class players, who were playing ,with injury ,.......because they had too.
So your assertion that City always play the same way regardless of injury doesn't stand up.
Look at Real Madrid at home,Injury to Stones meant that Akanji had to step up,did his absolute best,but not as fluid as Stones can be in that role. Did that damage us ? ..I'm not sure.

Turning to Chelsea,I agree, I have no idea what their style of play is.
There have been times this season when I thought I was was watching a Sunday morning game...not Chelsea in the premier league.

As we both know, this is the business end of the season. And style and sometimes tactics take a back seat to just getting through games.
I'd imagine City will not be playing fluid football from here on in, too many of our players,for whatever reason are fucked.
Let's hope that City grind the results out ,and use KDB Stones Silva and Haaland perhaps sparingly....I really don't know how how bad the niggles/ fatigue is amongst them...

Chelsea FC have been one long sick note all season,hence their league position.Injuries do affect teams,and their style of play, without a doubt

Poch for me has been vastly overrated he’s won fuck all yet gets top jobs I think he has been found out and his run will come to an end when the season finishes. Back to mid table teams for him.
m

Poch for me has been vastly overrated he’s won fuck all yet gets top jobs I think he has been found out and his run will come to an end when the season finishes. Back to mid table teams for him.
I really don't understand the hype around him. Yes; he had a decent team at Spurs. But what did he win? What has he won anywhere; a few trophies at PSG? Let's be honest, most of us could win trophies there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.