Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what you get when you have an American owner. Short attention spans and “I want it now”. Unless Chelsea have got someone major lined up, this is just change for change's sake. Granted, Chelsea had an awful first half of the season. But I'll tell you something: I would not have wanted them as one of our final fixtures in the run-in. Truly not. A manager — any manager — needs some time to build a project, built a team. Pep himself had a decent first season, then crushed it in his second. Arteta was hardly a great success immediately. Nor was somebody called Ferguson.
I don't think the Spurs reference is particularly relevant. He came to a club that fails perennially. Spurs failing to win anything is like death and taxes. Furthermore, they've got an owner who's pretty stingy, and simply will not stump up the money for the top players that you need to win the league, or indeed the F.A. cup or a European trophy.
I think Chelsea would have been a threat, not for the title next season, but a good bet for top four. This merry-go-round of managers almost never works for clubs. And we should know.
Anyway, what do I care? It's their funeral.

There’ll be no shortage of suitors for Pochettino’s signature. Mutual consent doesn’t quite mean he’s been sacked but they perhaps couldn’t agree a way to move forwards.

There’ll be no shortage of suitors for Pochettino’s signature. Mutual consent doesn’t quite mean he’s been sacked but they perhaps couldn’t agree a way to move forwards.
Transfer policy. He wanted more say in it, quite rightly. Hes walked. Not sacked.

I cannot see what everyone sees in him , never done anything of any note in a distinctly average career

This is now a case of which one of their currently unemployed former managers do they bring back? Mourinho, Conte, benetiz, Potter, lampard, tuchel?

I'm going for a dramatic Mourinho return just for the chaos that would bring.

He didn't. What possible reason would he have to try any harder against us than the dippers who they have a long standing bitter feud with or their city rivals? Whether through pure fluke or talent, he just happened to be a manager who was capable of getting unexpected results against Pep.

Chelsea already said they ain't going back to previous managers or older managers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.