Chelsea Thread - 2023/24

This is so predictable and sad. Everyone a black player misses chances that costs his team a big game, his mentions and DMs a full of racist pieces of shit. I’ve seen it with Rashford and Saka. I’ve seen it with Dembele. I saw it when Tammy Abraham. It’s fucking disgusting.
Chelsea have form for it.
Probably well before your time but the winger Paul Cannoville endured a terrible time at the Bridge in the late 70s,from his own fans .
The far right had a big hold on The Shed in those days .. . Grim times . Cannoville was the first player I'd ever heard of getting racial abuse off his own fans.
I was stunned at the time...

Agreed. As Chelsea only fit striker as we speak..he is carrying quite a bit of weight on his young shoulders. 1st season in after a transfer from the Spanish league ,which is completely different in so many ways.

From Senegal to Spain to West London,at the age of 22..His approach play is pretty decent ,imo, I don't think many will be taking the piss out of him next season.

All credit to young players backing themselves in a completely different enviroment. Takes time to assimilate.
They did have Chukwuemeka and Sterling on the bench though, the former is a striker and the latter played up front for us under Pep in the famous “false 9” role.

You 've probably not seen a team with so many injuries either.

Take a look at their injury record for the season.its been horrific.
The last time I checked they'd recorded something like 35 serious injuries in the first few months !!

Whats behind those problems I've no idea, what I do know is that any manager in any league would struggle to achieve the consistency of play and cohesiveness demanded by their owners and fans .
Injuries have nothing to do with coaching a style of play.
They have fielded 11 players every week and every time they look like they dont know how to put two passes together, reliant on Palmer delivering some sort of magic to get them points.

I think it speaks volumes that a squad player under the tutleage of Pep for just a few years has gone there and looks like Messi.

There squad is full of internationals and years of professional experience, we aren't talking about Poch playing a load of 16yr olds here.

At City, no matter who plays, it is all in the exact same style and our football has an identity to it.

Within the first 6mths of being here Pep had the team playing his brand of football, it wasn't as succesful but that is because we had the likes of Kolarov at CB but you could see what he was trying to do. What are Chelsea trying to do, play posession football, play with high wingers, play with a false 9? Nobody has a fucking clue.

Chelsea have form for it.
Probably well before your time but the winger Paul Cannoville endured a terrible time at the Bridge in the late 70s,from his own fans .
The far right had a big hold on The Shed in those days .. . Grim times . Cannoville was the first player I'd ever heard of getting racial abuse off his own fans.
I was stunned at the time...

I’m aware of Chelsea’s history, but I’ve also said before football just reflects general society. We had a particularly unsavoury element within the Chelsea fanbase but if you read Cannoville’s book, you’ll find that he was racially abused pretty much at every ground he played in throughout his career. As was every black player in the 80s. Chelsea’s problems were well documented though. It was bad. I will never attempt to excuse it or justify it.

This situation with Jackson is more a social media problem though, rather than a problem unique to Chelsea fans is what I was alluding to in the post you replied to. I’m pretty sure there is not a single black player in this league who has not had racist abuse in his DMs after a bad game. Zaha has talked about it. Antonio has talked about it. Deeney has talked about it. Lukaku has talked about it. The Saka, Rashford and Sancho stuff was well documented.

Agreed. As Chelsea only fit striker as we speak..he is carrying quite a bit of weight on his young shoulders. 1st season in after a transfer from the Spanish league ,which is completely different in so many ways.

From Senegal to Spain to West London,at the age of 22..His approach play is pretty decent ,imo, I don't think many will be taking the piss out of him next season.

All credit to young players backing themselves in a completely different enviroment. Takes time to assimilate.
Let's hope he gets some redemption against the tarquins this evening.

Totally agree. I have nothing but love for Jackson. I think he’s brilliant to watch, even if he is frustrating in front of goal. Last season was his first real season at pro level, and this is basically his second season as a pro.

Totally agree. I have nothing but love for Jackson. I think he’s brilliant to watch, even if he is frustrating in front of goal. Last season was his first real season at pro level, and this is basically his second season as a pro.
I didn't know that tbh
But all makes sense now. Raw talent.
People poking fun at the young man probably never had to learn at least 2 different languages / cultures in two years.
All credit to the lad. Sterling should have been taking some of the pressure of him ,but....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.