Chelsea Thread | 2024/25

All fine and dandy @Vialli98

I don't understand this, did the profits generated by the hotels go into Chelsea? If they did, now they've been sold to a slightly different version of Chelsea will these profits not go in to the club any longer? I've no idea where money generated by non-football related activities works when it comes to FFP/PSR, I suspect the Premier League and UEFA don't either. Is Chelsea owning hotel's and our new hotel pretty unique in football?

I don't understand this, did the profits generated by the hotels go into Chelsea? If they did, now they've been sold to a slightly different version of Chelsea will these profits not go in to the club any longer? I've no idea where money generated by non-football related activities works when it comes to FFP/PSR, I suspect the Premier League and UEFA don't either. Is Chelsea owning hotel's and our new hotel pretty unique in football?

Uefa don't allow in the rules the sale of hotels so they more than likely fail Uefa PSR but it be just a fine because Uefa mainly do fines maybe reduced squad!

Premier PSR don't cover the sales of assets hotels car parks woman teams in the rules so Chelsea are fine!

According to the BBC. Does this mean that City's case against APTs has failed or is the BBC assuming the transaction has taken place within the rules when, in fact, the rules have been found unenforceable? Or has it been found that a ban on such transactions can be a breach of competition law unless certain requirements are met? Maybe we'll found out in the course of time?!

All fine and dandy @Vialli98

Screenshot_20240907_173416_Sky Sports.jpgScreenshot_20240907_173437_Sky Sports.jpg

"Boehly is committed to Chelsea but he is not in control. He has his own ideas about how a football club should be run but he can never be the ultimate decision-maker at Chelsea when someone else owns 61.5 per cent of the club.

Eghbali and Clearlake would be interested in buying Boehly's shares if he wants to walk away. It is difficult to see how Boehly is going to come out on top when Eghbali does not want to sell."

Screenshot_20240907_173911_Sky Sports.jpg

Oh dear... Oh deary, deary me... Counting my blessings for Sheikh Mansour & our 115 charges. It could be worse. \0/
https://www.skysports.com/share/13210977

BBC take
Chelsea's co-owners are looking to buy each other out amid a rift at board level.

Chairman Todd Boehly and majority owners Clearlake Capital are both prepared to take full control of the club.

Boehly has gradually lost power despite being named co-controlling owner after the club's purchase from Roman Abramovich for £2.5bn in July 2022, with Clearlake - which owns a 61.5% stake - in primary control at Stamford Bridge.

Clearlake co-founder Behdad Eghbali has become the most hands-on figure within the ownership group since Boehly stepped down as interim sporting director in January 2023.

Multiple figures in the senior hierarchy now recognise there is a rift between two main blocs - Clearlake and the group allied to Boehly, including billionaire partners Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter, which owns the other 38.5% of the club.

Any rift has previously been denied by sources at the club.

BBC take
Chelsea's co-owners are looking to buy each other out amid a rift at board level.

Chairman Todd Boehly and majority owners Clearlake Capital are both prepared to take full control of the club.

Boehly has gradually lost power despite being named co-controlling owner after the club's purchase from Roman Abramovich for £2.5bn in July 2022, with Clearlake - which owns a 61.5% stake - in primary control at Stamford Bridge.

Clearlake co-founder Behdad Eghbali has become the most hands-on figure within the ownership group since Boehly stepped down as interim sporting director in January 2023.

Multiple figures in the senior hierarchy now recognise there is a rift between two main blocs - Clearlake and the group allied to Boehly, including billionaire partners Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter, which owns the other 38.5% of the club.

Any rift has previously been denied by sources at the club.
What a fucking mess.

View attachment 131110View attachment 131111

"Boehly is committed to Chelsea but he is not in control. He has his own ideas about how a football club should be run but he can never be the ultimate decision-maker at Chelsea when someone else owns 61.5 per cent of the club.

Eghbali and Clearlake would be interested in buying Boehly's shares if he wants to walk away. It is difficult to see how Boehly is going to come out on top when Eghbali does not want to sell."

View attachment 131113

Oh dear... Oh deary, deary me... Counting my blessings for Sheikh Mansour & our 115 charges. It could be worse. \0/
https://www.skysports.com/share/13210977
That **** knows fuck all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.