Chelsea Threat

Churchill123

Is it just me or do others think that Chelsea next season could pose a real threat.. I believe that they will finish above United, and obviously that'll mean they still only finish second ;p

I think the ole russian will pump some more money into the club, and off the back of the champions league win, they will have some fresh resolve and be well up for a title charge..

Or am i being naive in thinking that United are no longer are main title rivals?

Marin, Mata, Hazard, Sturridge, Torres and possibly Hulk by the end of the summer.

Yes they will be a force you can count on that!!! They're defence is what will let them down though, since Terry will still start, and he is only getting worse each season. They'll have plenty of high scoring matches but wont be close to winning the league until the old guard pisses off.

Cole, Lampard, Terry will all cost the team at stages, not to mention David Luiz.

Chelsea would have done better this season if the players had played for the manager rather than trying to oust him, so they will be a real threat.

Abramovich seems to be sticking two fingers up at FFP though, which is a little bemusing as he was supposedly in favour maybe even suggesting it.

Depends on who becomes the new manager, if DiMatteo gets it I don't think they will be a great threat, I think they'll do better than this season but I can't see him repeating what he did at the end of the season. They will probably have three or four new players too as they need to replace the old guard, so can't help think Chelsea are still in a bit of a transition, no doubt they will be challenging in the coming years but I think we will be rightly favourites next season

Churchill123 said:
Is it just me or do others think that Chelsea next season could pose a real threat.. I believe that they will finish above United, and obviously that'll mean they still only finish second ;p

I think the ole russian will pump some more money into the club, and off the back of the champions league win, they will have some fresh resolve and be well up for a title charge..

Or am i being naive in thinking that United are no longer are main title rivals?

I said in the Chelsea thread that I think they'll win the league.

how ae they crap defensively, cole- probably the best left back in europe now,
Ivanovic- has been oustanding
Cahill- performed well
Terry- ageing, but still does a good job

Chelsea will be more of an unknown quantity.

City fans a bit too over-confident and naive on here I find.

The league is won against good form against 'the rest' rather than the battles against competitors usually, unless the challenging teams are really on their game.

Then, the league can come down to those battles.

As long as Manchester United manage to continue to do a number on 'The Rest'
There will always be a challenger.

Arsenal have been abysmal up until they hit some form and a lot of the reason they managed to finish so high because of RvP. That's what a 30+ goal striker can do fir you.

Look at City & United, you were far better but Rooney hit 30+ goals.

Chelsea will be relying on Torres next season who have only managed to get 30+ goals in his career once. A lot of new players, a new manager, a new way to play.
Too many variables, so until we see how it pans out. United & City front runners

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.