Chelsea Threat

bluebannana said:
how ae they crap defensively, cole- probably the best left back in europe now,
Ivanovic- has been oustanding
Cahill- performed well
Terry- ageing, but still does a good job

Aside from Cole, when he can be bothered to like the current manager, Terry is on his last legs, and is a complete liability with even less pace than he had previous.

Ivanovic, again, they can't decide if he's a better full-back than centre-back, lacks concentration.

Cahill will prove a decent buy for the price, but you are kidding yourself if you think he is better than anything currently at City or United.

Chelsea in Munich was not the end, it was the beginning of the end.

Do not sell Drogba short, he has been a phenomenon for them.

Put simply, Chelsea have to stop sacking managers all the time and get some stability, we've done that and bought the t-shirt with hiring and firing managers, it is no coincidence that Taggart has done so well at the quiet neighbours because of how long he has been there.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluebannana said:
how ae they crap defensively, cole- probably the best left back in europe now,
Ivanovic- has been oustanding
Cahill- performed well
Terry- ageing, but still does a good job

Aside from Cole, when he can be bothered to like the current manager, Terry is on his last legs, and is a complete liability with even less pace than he had previous.

Ivanovic, again, they can't decide if he's a better full-back than centre-back, lacks concentration.

Cahill will prove a decent buy for the price, but you are kidding yourself if you think he is better than anything currently at City or United.

Chelsea in Munich was not the end, it was the beginning of the end.

Do not sell Drogba short, he has been a phenomenon for them.
I would have just said that they conceded 46 goals, some 17 more than City and 13 more than United. That's why they are crap defensively, (crap in regards to winning a league that is).
I do though think that next season they will be pushing us 2 more than anyone has this season.

They have a good team and they seem to be splashing the cash on Hazard and will buy more. If Torres plays like he can the why not. But the problem is chelsea bored and there owner. Who the buying Hazard? Not the manager because he might not even have the job! Managers at chelsea don't get power and they can't stop sacking them

chelsea will make top 4

casualdeyna said:
Depends on who becomes the new manager, if DiMatteo gets it I don't think they will be a great threat, I think they'll do better than this season but I can't see him repeating what he did at the end of the season. They will probably have three or four new players too as they need to replace the old guard, so can't help think Chelsea are still in a bit of a transition, no doubt they will be challenging in the coming years but I think we will be rightly favourites next season

This

DiMateo's league record was similar to AVB. I think the CL run was special and something hard to replicate, and I think even Chelsea fans would admit they had more than their fair share of good fortune (missed penalties by Messi and Robben would likely have ended the run).

They are assembling a fearsome squad but have not yet found their new Mourhino.

Similar to where we were I see them next season bedding quite a few new players in, if they hit it off then no reason why they can't/won't challenge for the title, if not, I see them as dangerous but in third place.

Churchill123 said:
Is it just me or do others think that Chelsea next season could pose a real threat.. I believe that they will finish above United, and obviously that'll mean they still only finish second ;p

I think the ole russian will pump some more money into the club, and off the back of the champions league win, they will have some fresh resolve and be well up for a title charge..

Or am i being naive in thinking that United are no longer are main title rivals?

Chelsea are inevitably going to get stronger with Roman splashing the cash once again. But first and foremost Chelsea need to get a desent manager, its no good having all the top players and a halfwit manager as we found out when we had the Sparkey at the reigns.

However if they do sort out some top draw manager out then they still have some ground to make up on us and the rags. I can see the rags sliding backwards again becuase they simply don't have the cash required to do the necessary overhaul that there squad needs.

Right now I am more than confident that we will fight off the challenge from Chelsea and anybody else for that matter. Even though Chelsea may have won the battle for Hazard they needed him more than we did, but we will win the war.

can see them getting hulk, van der wiel and possibly Falcoa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.