Chelsea V Man City Pre- Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really getting nervous about tomorrow now. I fear that Silva being out will have a bigger impact than we're expecting, especially when it comes to simply keeping the ball.

Tomorrow is when we need to step up to the mark, when Hart, Kompany, Toure and Aguero show us why they're the spine of our team. Chelsea haven't had much time to rest, but their two creative midfielders (Mata and Hazard) have had a longer rest than the team we put out against United on Monday.

As the game creeps into the last 20 minutes Chelsea's legs will start to tire slightly more than ours, but whether we can begin to take the game to them at that point is another story. But for a penalty save in the league fixture, we could well have been behind.

Love the whole ritual. Getting the car blued up for the trip tomorrow. Checking the seat view.
Pity Monday can't be a hangover day.<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 pm --<br /><br />Greetings Bob. I share the unbearable nerves. Do you think the 'Silva injured' chatter is just that? I have a feeling we'll hear him on the team sheet.

Just watching the video of boys setting off for wembley and I have noticed there is no Silva, is this clever editing by city? is he having more treatment or is he simply not travelling?

MCFC BOB said:
I'm really getting nervous about tomorrow now. I fear that Silva being out will have a bigger impact than we're expecting, especially when it comes to simply keeping the ball.

Tomorrow is when we need to step up to the mark, when Hart, Kompany, Toure and Aguero show us why they're the spine of our team. Chelsea haven't had much time to rest, but their two creative midfielders (Mata and Hazard) have had a longer rest than the team we put out against United on Monday.

As the game creeps into the last 20 minutes Chelsea's legs will start to tire slightly more than ours, but whether we can begin to take the game to them at that point is another story. But for a penalty save in the league fixture, we could well have been behind.

Good post , and i agree ....

Silva will be a big loss if he doesn't play , he was top notch at Old Trafford, and is 'instrumental' not only to our movement , but also to our abilty to create chances ...... Chelsea are full of quality , even if it's 'tired' quality , and we are in for a real battle.

Fallingbostel Blue said:
Just watching the video of boys setting off for wembley and I have noticed there is no Silva, is this clever editing by city? is he having more treatment or is he simply not travelling?

Wouldn't worry...no Tevez or Kompany in the video either although pics of them on the platform/train are on the website. Not sure what's up with Javi Garcia though...looks downright miserable getting on board the train. Must know he's not playing tomorrow.

stan bowles said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:

Wouldn't worry...no Tevez or Kompany in the video either although pics of them on the platform/train are on the website. Not sure what's up with Javi Garcia though...looks downright miserable getting on board the train. Must know he's not playing tomorrow.

I'm sure this is just talk. Silva will play. Stan's dead right. No Aguero, Tevez etc on the train video.

Ruskinavenue said:
Love the whole ritual. Getting the car blued up for the trip tomorrow. Checking the seat view.
Pity Monday can't be a hangover day.

-- Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 pm --

Greetings Bob. I share the unbearable nerves. Do you think the 'Silva injured' chatter is just that? I have a feeling we'll hear him on the team sheet.

What we can't afford to do is risk playing him semi-fit like Stoke did with Etherington against us in the final. If he's either operating under capacity or does his hamstring again 15 minutes in neither are helping us. Would be better to just assume he's gone and then potentially bring him on later if we need him. You can certainly forget about any 'masterclass' that's been banded about without him though.

Nasri needs nothing short of the game of his career - and when you're relying on Nasri to stand up and be counted you're probably in more trouble than you'd care to admit.

Ruskinavenue said:
stan bowles said:
Fallingbostel Blue said:

I'm sure this is just talk. Silva will play. Stan's dead right. No Aguero, Tevez etc on the train video.

Sergio was pictured at Macc station, so I assume some will be boarding there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.