Chelsea V Man City Pre- Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter Me Nan said:
FantasyIreland said:
Brilliant input.
ok 1st question, why play Kompany out of his best position & 2nd question why play someone whos been out for donkeys in his position?

Because our options aren't great and,given his athleticism,Chelskis mobility and the expansive Wembley pitch,i think he'd do a fine job anchoring midfield.

Micah is a capable centre half who has come throth two EDS games now,he's fit.

adrianr said:
Any chance Rodwell could feature? What's the latest on him?

He hasnt featured in any reserve games so,although not definitive,i'd reckon not much chance.

A shame,as he proved in the league fixture,he would have done a fine job.

Pantillimon in for Hart, and Aguero for Nasri are the only two changes I would make.

Aguero for Silva, if he doesn't make it.

At 3-1 up from the first leg i'll be surprised if Chelsea risk their better players in Russia , at least straight from the kick off anyway .....

this will be a tough game for us , and especially without Silva , who was magnificent last night , not too mention the fact that they are probably due a result against us , but we can do it if we defend as well as we did last night ......

in my opinion Chelsea aren't quite as good at the back as the rags are , despite their win at the Swamp recently , and we definitely have players who can hurt them , they'll know that.

Silva is a big miss for us sadly. Gutted he wont be playing..However I expect us to dominate the game win, but it wont be easy. Same line-up for me just swap Aguero for Silva like others have said. Come on City!

I agree chelsea go there 3-1 up so will rest some players and be all out for a result on sunday . I hope Mata gets a knock or is ill on the day he is the only player that worries me. Silva would be a big boost if fit enough to play.
ecviper said:
This match will be harder than the rags. Chelsea play a fluid style similar us.

If we perform like we did against the rags, whom basically tried to defend for a point and try for a counter goal, we should get a good win with Chelsea playing mid week.

However, I expect Rafa to field a weaken side in Russia and play full strength in the semi.
<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:57 am --<br /><br />We all seem to agree same team just Aguero in for Silva .

I'd like to see this line up:

Pantilimon/Hart (don't mind either tbh, pants has impressed me in the cup)
Zaba-Vinnie-Nasty-Clichy
Garcia-Barry
Milner-Yaya-Tevez
Aguero

I'm just glad we aren't playing the rags and we can just enjoy the day. Still pretty confident though and I reckon we'll win 2-0.

Not very confident without Silva, we're really going to miss him. We need a big game from Nasri.

Pants

Zabba-Kompany-Nasty-Clichy

Milner-Barry/Garcia

Nasri-Yaya-Aguero

Tevez...

even without Silva we are more than capable to win this...2-0 for me(aguero, yaya)...also i expect Benitez to play a weak side in Russia and the best players against us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.