Cheltenham 2020

As feared, a disastrous day for the selections,but no doubting the race of day...How did Geraghty manufacture that run from 'Champ'. May have been the case that the front two went a fence too early, Townend wanting to out do Blackmore, which he seemed to be achieving until the last hundred yards and then...Wallop...the green and gold just flew past them both. Anyone wanting to know why National Hunt racing is so popular just needs to see that race, listen to the roaring of the crowd all watching willing combatants full of earnest from both riders and horses, giving everything determined to the end and giving no quarter...a fantastic race and a credit to all those involved. Brilliant!

Tiger Roll still looks on course for a tilt at his hat-trick bid in Grand Nationals...whether he can give the weight away this time around, I'm not so sure...but that's another day.

Great to see owner Alex Hale scream home Politologue in the Queen Mother, and a bit of magic for Skelton. Having started his race riding career with Paul Nicholls (Polit's trainer) he came in for a great spare ride, loyalty is one thing this sport sometimes has buckets of. Well done to anyone who found any winners today!

Robbie 'the tit' needs to have a day off , it's get embarrassing now!... day 3 tomorrow, 'pandemic' permitting.

Barry Geraghty is flying at the moment. His wins this year he has timed them well. I for the life of me cant remember the last time a McManus jockey was crowned top jockey of cheltenham maybe this year its Barry Geraghtys time to win it. Not even too sure if JP McManus first choice jockey has been top jockey at a festival. Maybe Charlie Swan did in the 90s and was McCoy for JP when he won it in the 90s??
Sure tomorrow the legend Faugheen goes in the first love to see the old timer do it but that race will be some race as will the stayers hurdle Paisley Park is way to short Penhill , Apples Jade , Summerhill Boy could be a tight race. My each way bet in the race Ronald Pump could be the value each way bet.

I've just finished ironing my stuff, being picked up at half 7 in the morning, breakfast in Eccles then off to Cheltenham in a minibus with 15 other blokes of which I know 4..

Races all day tomoz, staying overnight in Stratford upon Avon, races all day Friday..

It's going to be carnage..!!

Can't wait..!

I've just finished ironing my stuff, being picked up at half 7 in the morning, breakfast in Eccles then off to Cheltenham in a minibus with 15 other blokes of which I know 4..

Races all day tomoz, staying overnight in Stratford upon Avon, races all day Friday..

It's going to be carnage..!!

Can't wait..!
Sounds great - enjoy

Sounds great - enjoy

Cheers mate, I don't know much about horses, I'm hoping for a few tips off here to be honest..! Haha!

I agreed to go on this about 4 months ago, pissed up in a cab with the 4 others I know.. Ha!

Going off the what's app chat I've been added to, they are all professional drinkers apart from the driver who's tee total thank fcuk..!

All rags too, think I'll take my city scarf to wear in the minibus to keep me warm..!

I figure if I'm 100% proof for the next 2 days solid, I'll be immune from any corona virus that may be kicking about ..

Could be the cure everyone is looking for..

I don't mind being a guinea pig in the name of science to be honest..!

Mind you, I have a strong feeling I'll be feeling rather poorly come Saturday morning..!

Cheers mate, I don't know much about horses, I'm hoping for a few tips off here to be honest..! Haha!

I agreed to go on this about 4 months ago, pissed up in a cab with the 4 others I know.. Ha!

Going off the what's app chat I've been added to, they are all professional drinkers apart from the driver who's tee total thank fcuk..!

All rags too, think I'll take my city scarf to wear in the minibus to keep me warm..!

I figure if I'm 100% proof for the next 2 days solid, I'll be immune from any corona virus that may be kicking about ..

Could be the cure everyone is looking for..

I don't mind being a guinea pig in the name of science to be honest..!

Mind you, I have a strong feeling I'll be feeling rather poorly come Saturday morning..!

I have a strong feeling you will want to be going back next year mate,be surprised if you don't,enjoy the experience of it,it's great

I have a strong feeling you will want to be going back next year mate,be surprised if you don't,enjoy the experience of it,it's great

Go most years to Doncaster races with about 60 on a coach, had some great times there to be honest..

That's why a few of the lads decided to run their own trip and Cheltenham was mentioned as it's a big meeting..

Be a great couple of days..

Got...... to...... pace...... myself...!

Need to think of my liver..!

Ha.!

Well..the Festival has made it to Day 3...Day 4?

Thought it might have gone 'behind closed doors' today...anyways,

1.30 No JP runner, and curiously, no Geraghty either...can Henderson and Nico get another in the bank with Mister Fisher? I unfortunately think so!
2.10 Now then, clutching at straws I do to a 'T' and Kansas City Chief has his name written on at least one!
2.50 I'd love it if Bryony and Frodon could win it again...why not?
3.30 Aidan Coleman is just not a jockey I see any virtues in, he use to get in all sorts of bother when riding for V. Williams and he still does. Hopefully Paisley Park doesn't hit his flat spot after the last, one who should be there in close proximity if he does is the ew play of the race Tobefair...a battler if there ever was one!
4.10 Spiritofthegames for the Skeltons, he deserves it.
4.50 Have simply no idea about 'novice' mares form, so go with Minella Melody.
5.30 Can the Mullholland camp pull off a monstrous double (see 2.10) or even save the day with Fingerontheswitch? That's another straw grabbed at!

Should be fun if nothing else!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.