Cheltenham 2020

Well..the Festival has made it to Day 3...Day 4?

Thought it might have gone 'behind closed doors' today...anyways,

1.30 No JP runner, and curiously, no Geraghty either...can Henderson and Nico get another in the bank with Mister Fisher? I unfortunately think so!
2.10 Now then, clutching at straws I do to a 'T' and Kansas City Chief has his name written on at least one!
2.50 I'd love it if Bryony and Frodon could win it again...why not?
3.30 Aidan Coleman is just not a jockey I see any virtues in, he use to get in all sorts of bother when riding for V. Williams and he still does. Hopefully Paisley Park doesn't hit his flat spot after the last, one who should be there in close proximity if he does is the ew play of the race Tobefair...a battler if there ever was one!
4.10 Spiritofthegames for the Skeltons, he deserves it.
4.50 Have simply no idea about 'novice' mares form, so go with Minella Melody.
5.30 Can the Mullholland camp pull off a monstrous double (see 2.10) or even save the day with Fingerontheswitch? That's another straw grabbed at!

Should be fun if nothing else!
I have very much enjoyed your commentary for the week

I have very much enjoyed your commentary for the week

Thank you kindly!...glad to know that my style of commentary brings about some enjoyment...makes up for the chronic selections a little?! Just love racing and this forum provides an outlet to amuse myself, and it seems others too...all good stuff!

I see they've updated the going report at Cheltenham...that word that they love...'good' ...has finally made it's entrance, they'll be so pleased!

Barry Geraghty is flying at the moment. His wins this year he has timed them well. I for the life of me cant remember the last time a McManus jockey was crowned top jockey of cheltenham maybe this year its Barry Geraghtys time to win it. Not even too sure if JP McManus first choice jockey has been top jockey at a festival. Maybe Charlie Swan did in the 90s and was McCoy for JP when he won it in the 90s??
Sure tomorrow the legend Faugheen goes in the first love to see the old timer do it but that race will be some race as will the stayers hurdle Paisley Park is way to short Penhill , Apples Jade , Summerhill Boy could be a tight race. My each way bet in the race Ronald Pump could be the value each way bet.

A bit late I know but you mentioned about have JP retained jockeys won 'top jockey' at the Festival. The short answer is, according to my rummaging...No. McCoy wasn't retained by JP until 2004 and Charlie 'smiley' Swan wasn't retained by JP at all...I think...certainly not when he was top jock, 93 and 94 THESE years are according to Wiki (?) (I know-but the RP is almost hopeless at finding what you want, so too other 'renowned' sources-their webmasters serve anyone but joe public) so, short of ringing JP up personally Wiki is almost near as damn it...McCoy top Jock '97,'98 when he was retained by the fiddler Pipe. I say that purely through grievance and malice, his 'thing' beat Broadsword who I had backed at an incredible ante post price of 16/1 for the race (4/6 on the day)...along with an antepost double with Little Owl (33/1), who won the Gold Cup a couple of hours later. The tears the yelps the mental anguish suffered can only be imagined, badly. I will never ever forgive the beaming smiles Julian Wilson greeted the then unknown Pipe with as he interviewed him after the race...as I've said elsewhere, I just love horse racing...sometimes!

(had to edit Little Owl in, Silver Buck I put originally won it the year later...the odds still stand-age and all that :-))

Good Luck today, and Thanks for what you do you for us racing fans!

Last edited:
What a opener that first race was lucky for me i was on Samcro Davy Russell take a fucking bow lad. A good start to the day. Also Melon so unlucky and Faughen 12 year old not too far behind the other 2 a great start buzzing now.
A great view in the next each way for me.

Didn't realise 'a great view' was an actual runner...gormless and me get along fine! Well found there, brilliant race to kick the day off with!

relegate i won a over 1200 euro on that horse in a each way double 2 years ago didnt do it. so far.

Fuck it i will do it to win.
Felt like relegates jockey didnt want to win that race. Never gave it a chance and looked an awful ride.

If there was a prize for being the horse called the most in a race and not finishing in the first 5, that straw that I grabbed would have won it- gawd 66/1 crying again lol!...another JP-Geraghty winner and under that weight too, well done Sire Du Berlais!-10/1 what a price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.