Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Thing is, Pep has handled him brilliantly.

There is a standard he requires, there is a standard he can accept, then there is a standard he reserves for only those players he knows cannot be sold short.

When you have worked with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, Pep knows when your natural ability is from a different sphere.

Txiki worded him up, Pep was able to recognise it, but Foden is so lucky to have a manager who doesn't suffer fools, who knows what it takes to take the greats to the top.

Phil can be a true great. One day we could be speaking about a generational talent who can win England another World Cup and City a couple of Champions League titles.

And all from a skinny lad from Stockport who just wanted to play for City.

He can live out the dreams of thousands of Blues.

Stay away from the birds and booze, get yourself some proper Italian suits, ditch that horrendous wardrobe of scally shite and everything else will take care of itself.

if am right foden was one of the fast tract players that city put up a couple of levels and he still stood out from the older lads. he was a small build and short so only needed to grow and bulk up. but now he is so powerful and strong you see players bounce off him

city and pep still have to be very careful with foden and look after him because from now on he demands a place on the team sheet. yes at that age you can play every day or every game. but keeping him hungry and earn his place in training will be the next step

if am right foden was one of the fast tract players that city put up a couple of levels and he still stood out from the older lads. he was a small build and short so only needed to grow and bulk up. but now he is so powerful and strong you see players bounce off him

city and pep still have to be very careful with foden and look after him because from now on he demands a place on the team sheet. yes at that age you can play every day or every game. but keeping him hungry and earn his place in training will be the next step
I doubt Phil will get like that, as he is very grounded and knows he still has a lot to learn.

He said as much in a post-match interview recently.

get yourself some proper Italian suits, ditch that horrendous wardrobe of scally shite and everything else will take care of itself.
Not going to happen fella.
“You can take the girl out of Adswood , but you can’t take Adswood out of the girl”

Direct quote from his mum when being asked about living in Alderley Edge.
His families use of the shell suit attire is a thing of legend.

Good on them.

The number of times Phil took the ball under pressure on the half turn and got away from his man was unreal. This kid is total class and I can see him only getting better

Thing is, Pep has handled him brilliantly.

There is a standard he requires, there is a standard he can accept, then there is a standard he reserves for only those players he knows cannot be sold short.

When you have worked with Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, Pep knows when your natural ability is from a different sphere.

Txiki worded him up, Pep was able to recognise it, but Foden is so lucky to have a manager who doesn't suffer fools, who knows what it takes to take the greats to the top.

Phil can be a true great. One day we could be speaking about a generational talent who can win England another World Cup and City a couple of Champions League titles.

And all from a skinny lad from Stockport who just wanted to play for City.

He can live out the dreams of thousands of Blues.

Stay away from the birds and booze, get yourself some proper Italian suits, ditch that horrendous wardrobe of scally shite and everything else will take care of itself.
Wonderful talent. Unfortunately i think the horrendous wardrobe of scally shite is the kid’s preferred style. Needs some tips from Shay Given.

I doubt Phil will get like that, as he is very grounded and knows he still has a lot to learn.

He said as much in a post-match interview recently.

Thing is, I know it's the standard thing for youngish footballers to say, stay humble and all that, but it genuinely seems to correspond to Foden's temperament. He knows how good he is, but he also knows where he comes from, and grew up being a blue when it wasn't too glorious to be one.
Too much shouldn't be placed on his shoulders, even now. This can't be emphasised enough. Kev's got to be around, doing what he does, for the next three or four years (he's already getting towards thirty! Time has flown). Bernardo as well. I see him moving into midfield at a certain point. Phil is still a good five or six years off being in the full flowering of his ability. It's mind boggling. Pep will be there to watch over that for the next two, three years.

respect due, Duff and Pep must have been cut from the same cloth
“And don’t ask why but footballers nowadays like taking a shower wearing their pants – but our lads would then just leave them lying around in the showers for the kit-man. I told them, ‘It’s not his job to clean them. He’s here to provide you a kit.’

“I wanted the team to show humility, talk and treat the cleaner the same way they would the chairman and have one common goal like we had at Burnley.”

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.