Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

Spot on mate, but I think in ten years time there will be a consensus he is City's greatest-ever player and an England great.

I've been very lucky down the years with my job to have watched some of the greatest players live.

His feet don't even look like they touch the floor.

The biggest thing to note in recent months is his increased upper body strength, he is a strong little bastard and very wiry.

Phil no longer looks like the kid who is undoubtedly talented but just being given a game, he is already leaving some of his more experienced team-mates behind, and I include Sterling and Jesus in that, when it comes to fundamental importance to how this team is now set up.

There's no doubting that he looks to be prodigiously talented and, just as importantly, has a good head on his shoulders.

Funnily enough, my favourite Phil moment from the Villa game was when he shrugged off Traore, I think it was, who tried to barge him off the ball.

I'd guess that one of the reasons that has Pep has rationed his time has been around waiting for him to develop physically; and another reason that I think we are in a new Phil phase.

Not going to happen fella.
“You can take the girl out of Adswood , but you can’t take Adswood out of the girl”

Direct quote from his mum when being asked about living in Alderley Edge.
His families use of the shell suit attire is a thing of legend.

Good on them.

Phil can wear whatever he wants and live where he chooses. However, if the lad is as good as we hope, he's going to be very rich and famous so the Golden Triangle and smart designer wear may well beckon. Either way, it's fine so long as he keeps his feet on the ground. For now, he still just a kid from Stockport and we love him for it.

Phil can wear whatever he wants and live where he chooses. However, if the lad is as good as we hope, he's going to be very rich and famous so the Golden Triangle and smart designer wear may well beckon. Either way, it's fine so long as he keeps his feet on the ground. For now, he still just a kid from Stockport and we love him for it.
By all accounts, he is a grounded and very decent lad.
He has real star quality about him and a sparkle in his eyes.

That performance was a notch up for him as he revelled in the greater responsibility he was given and he stood out in the centre of the pitch, second half especially.

He‘s 20 FFS.

Except that two of them never really played full back.

Book played as a sweeper behind the defensive line. Pardoe largely played as a midfield ‘spoiler’ dropping back into defence when needed.
That's your opinion mate and I respect it fully.However,having attended my first City game in 1957,I followed the careers of all three start to finish and was privileged to do so,including every league game,home and away,of the 1967/68 season.By my reckoning they were all full-backs,I'm not even sure sweepers and spoilers were even considered back then.Any time we needed anything approaching a player to do a spoiler-type job,i.e shadow the other team's danger man,Dave Connor was drafted in.Could be that I'm an old-timer with old fashioned views,and if so, I'm sure you will forgive me.
How are things in the Grass Market by the way? (the place,not the dope)

I suspect when he finishes his career there will be a lot of ex-teammates who will be telling there grandchildren that they once played with Philip Foden, England’s greatest
And Merlin will say to Mateo " son I thought him that " ;-)

With my refs assessors head on I noted that the lad who was taking the long throws seemed to have his foot on the pitch. Also, every time their keeper cleared the ball out of his hands he was out of the box.

He was also allowed to towel down the ball?

That was stopped when the lad at Tranmere a few years ago started it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.