Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

I watched the game and the MOTD highlights and I didn’t hear one mention of the crowdfunder donations our fans made, in fact all I hear was how sad it was that Cheltenham missed out because of the pandemic and how they have no money coming in. Why would the media not take an opportunity to paint us fans or our club in a positive light?...;)

Chairman did

Well, that was nerve jangling, thank fuck for Phil. Very surprised with Cheltenham, an impressive unit, and that centre back is outstanding.

I've seen them on the box once or twice so I knew they'd give us a game but I didn't expect it to be quite that tough. If the Mendy and Torres chances had gone in early doors it would probably have been a comfortable 5-1 stroll.

Absolutely dreadful performance, very lucky to sneak through.
Mahrez, Laporte, Mendy complete rubbish again.
Looked like we thought we could just turn up and win in the first half.
Pep got the team completely wrong in my eyes. Needed 1 of Stones and Dias for sure to start.
Pick the strongest side and then make changes, let's hope he has learnt a lesson.

Pep got the team completely wrong in my eyes. Needed 1 of Stones and Dias for sure to start.
Pick the strongest side and then make changes, let's hope he has learnt a lesson.

Well Pep seems to be getting it right in the cups in the past few years. I think we have won 4 out of the last 8 domestic cups and reach the final 5 out of the last 9.

Players like Laporte, Mendy, Mahrez played to give them game time to get them up to speed, not playing them would only exacerbate the situation.

Maybe its you who should adjust your thinking.

Was always going to be difficult against a team with nothing to lose and only glory to gain. Showed a lot things. Everyone is mentioning Mendy but it really is time to draw a line there. The comparisons with Cancelo are starkly unfavourable. His passing is poor, decision making poor, defending poor. I’m at a loss to know what he is anymore.

Mahrez, offered very little and didn’t compensate by putting a shift in.
Ferna, as expected, solid,creative and never took a step backwards.
Doyle, H-Bellis - I know they are young, but at what point do we see a spark? I’ve seen both in youth games and neither stood out. Both look like solid lower premium players, but expected more in terms of passing and didn’t even see that. In contrast, I saw what well miss in Garcia. No pace, but calm and intelligent. Won’t be a huge loss, but a loss nonetheless.

Foden - fantastic and ready to shoulder more. Should be considered a nailed on first teamed and will be a star for England for the next decade.

Torres - was too easy to mark and couldn’t isolate his man. Was better central than wide. Not sure where he fits in really with a full squad.
Jesus - needed the goal, decent game decent movement. Capable of so much more, but we’ve been saying that for a while.

Gundogan, Cancelo, Diaz - just a step above. I know it was late in the game and opposition was tired, but space became a lot more available when they came on. Encouraging the for the next few weeks without KDB.

Always think if you are serious about winning, get the win and then indulge the squad from the bench when it’s won, not the other way round.

Thought the ref was gash too. Seemed as though he was desperate to be part of the story in the same way as Clattenburgs vanity.

bloody hell - we should put you in charge of both the government and manage city at the same time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.