Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Whichever spin we put on it, HRH is no longer the sole owner of mcfc, a few more deals like this and he won't even own half, on a business level it appears good news but why did we need outside investment, for eg could we not have bought into them.

Wrong, HRH has sold 13% or his shareholding in the Cit Football Group, not in MCFC

It's a carling cup game mate against championship opposition. This deal could potentially have a huge impact on City

Yes... the investment is massive news, for the CFG, which in turn will no doubt have a positive effect on City... but to be honest I will never support or follow any part of the CFG other than City! And, I hate this 'only the League Cup' mentality! There are 4 trophies to play for each season... sometimes possibly only 3! To me and most true / match-going blues that I know, The League Cup is just as important as the rest. The day it isn't seen as such, is the day we become no better that Arsenal and Rag fans!

Beautiful scenes.

We now control the platform with every commercial deal we make from this day forward, based on the valuation now put on the CFG.

I don't think anyone can comprehend the levels of sponsorship money which will now flood directly into club coffers, Chinese, or otherwise.

Our rivals tap up companies.

We tap up countries.

That's the difference.

Think about the possibilities for the leisure destination, the building of more Real Estate, and the ease of which someone like Lionel Messi could have his wages pretty much covered by a Chinese link-up.

We became the biggest football club in the world today.
As Garry Cook said we would, he , not looking quite so silly now.

Said many times recently, City are on a huge drive to position ourselves nicely in China as football there is about to boom. Huge market full of people with disposable income. And we want them to dispose of it in our direction! :) They are investing massively in all levels of the sport and aim to win the World Cup in the 2030's.

Yes... the investment is massive news, for the CFG, which in turn will no doubt have a positive effect on City... but to be honest I will never support or follow any part of the CFG other than City! And, I hate this 'only the League Cup' mentality! There are 4 trophies to play for each season... sometimes possibly only 3! To me and most true / match-going blues that I know, The League Cup is just as important as the rest. The day it isn't seen as such, is the day we become no better that Arsenal and Rag fans!
That's why they all leave early !!! Checking their Stocks and Shares !

Might be slightly off-topic, but the number of posts in this thread compared to the number of posts in TODAY'S match thread, seems to demonstrate that more of our fan's (and modern fans in general) are interested in the business of football, than actual football itself! Sad Times! CTID
Without sounding sarcastic I think you'd better zip it pal.
It's only just past dinner time, this news pisses on everything at the moment so far today. 5 he match thread will start moving later.
Seeing as I'm feeling a bit bolshy I'd even go as far as saying your comment comes across a bit ragging. ....what do you reckon? ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.