choose three former City players...

r.soleofsalford said:
squirtyflower said:
Irwell said:
I'll probably get shot for this, but I'd say "none". That's including Bell, Lee, Summerbee, et al. Looking back at previous City players I think they either wouldn't have been up to this kind of level in terms of quality (mainly the younger ones) or wouldn't have coped with the physical demands (mainly the older ones).
Colin Bell not up to the physical demands?

you're avin a laff

obviously, irwell never saw colin play.
even after his career ending injury, he tried to struggle on and was better stood still than most players who appear on this thread.

so
1. colin bell because he was brilliant at coming from deep and scoring goals from midfield
2. mike summerbee one of the best crosser of a ball and could beat any fullback and was as tough as fuck.
3. more tricky but left back would be glynn pardoe or clive wilson who was brilliant on the ball and i couldnt understand why we sold him to qpr
we didn't sell him to QPR

clowns pockets said:
r.soleofsalford said:
squirtyflower said:

you're avin a laff

even after his career ending injury, he tried to struggle on and was better stood still than most players who appear on this thread.

so
1. colin bell because he was brilliant at coming from deep and scoring goals from midfield
2. mike summerbee one of the best crosser of a ball and could beat any fullback and was as tough as fuck.
3. more tricky but left back would be glynn pardoe or clive wilson who was brilliant on the ball and i couldnt understand why we sold him to qpr
Chelsea QPR whats the difference.

this is too tough, but on a whim I've just plumped for Colin Bell, Trevor 'the groin' Francis, and Dave Watson

(also a nod to Paul Stewart, Nicky Reid, Tommy Caton, Paul Lake, and of course Ali B & Kinky - just because of all the above I never got to see him play in the flesh, unlike all the others)

clowns pockets said:
r.soleofsalford said:
squirtyflower said:

you're avin a laff

so

i`d guess chelsea but he did end up playing for q.p.r.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Tueart, Watson and Bell would do nicely.

I'd go for Doyle rather than Watson. Watson was the better player but Doyle would be a better partner for VK and was a great leader.

Asa Hartford doesnt figure in many "best of City" teams but would fit perfectly into the current team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.