choose three former City players...

I'll probably get shot for this, but I'd say "none". That's including Bell, Lee, Summerbee, et al. Looking back at previous City players I think they either wouldn't have been up to this kind of level in terms of quality (mainly the younger ones) or wouldn't have coped with the physical demands (mainly the older ones).

can only go off what i've seen so i'll go for :

andy hinchcliffe as our new, homegrown, defensively sound, good going forward left back.

paul lake as a midfielder to take over from gaz baz and fill in elsewhere when we need him to.

ali benarbia to give us more creativity in the midfield.

Irwell said:
I'll probably get shot for this, but I'd say "none". That's including Bell, Lee, Summerbee, et al. Looking back at previous City players I think they either wouldn't have been up to this kind of level in terms of quality (mainly the younger ones) or wouldn't have coped with the physical demands (mainly the older ones).
Colin Bell not up to the physical demands?

you're avin a laff

squirtyflower said:

you're avin a laff
I'm not talking about being bullied off the ball and the like, I'm talking about running the distance and speed modern footballers manage. To be honest I can't imagine most of the older players runnning over 10km in a match and still being able to go on a run. In fact I think most of them would have been out-sprinted by a modern day player at the end of a match even if they came on fresh.

Irwell said:
squirtyflower said:

you're avin a laff
I'm not talking about being bullied off the ball and the like, I'm talking about running the distance and speed modern footballers manage. To be honest I can't imagine most of the older players runnning over 10km in a match and still being able to go on a run. In fact I think most of them would have been out-sprinted by a modern day player at the end of a match even if they came on fresh.

Tin hat on mate your gonna need it. Bell was quite possibly the fittest player naturally to ever play for City and had he been around playing now with todays sports science he'd have been streets ahead of anyone.

Blue Lloyd said:
Irwell said:
squirtyflower said:

you're avin a laff

Tin hat on mate your gonna need it. Bell was quite possibly the fittest player naturally to ever play for City and had he been around playing now with todays sports science he'd have been streets ahead of anyone.
couldn't have put it better

he was incredibly fit, his box to box runs makes yaya look like a snail

Fair enough if people think they could cope with it. My opinion is that they wouldn't do. It's what the thread is all about! :)

squirtyflower said:
Irwell said:

you're avin a laff

obviously, irwell never saw colin play.
even after his career ending injury, he tried to struggle on and was better stood still than most players who appear on this thread.

so
1. colin bell because he was brilliant at coming from deep and scoring goals from midfield
2. mike summerbee one of the best crosser of a ball and could beat any fullback and was as tough as fuck.
3. more tricky but left back would be glynn pardoe or clive wilson who was brilliant on the ball and i couldnt understand why we sold him to qpr

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.