Chorley V Man City XI 01/08/23

Tue place to go is the Mason’s arms. Run by City legend Nicky Reid
My lad was in there the other week chatting with Nicky, made up for us but did confess he tends to follow Blackburn more these days, said he was an absolutely cracking lad though.
It's at the opposite end of town to Victory Park though.
Few quid in a taxi or a 15/20 minute walk, don’t be lazy Tommy :-D.

My lad was in there the other week chatting with Nicky, made up for us but did confess he tends to follow Blackburn more these days, said he was an absolutely cracking lad though.

Few quid in a taxi or a 15/20 minute walk, don’t be lazy Tommy :-D.
Last time I met with Nicky was talking about “us” as City. It’s probably easier to keep an eye on Blackburn living close to them.

Last time I met with Nicky was talking about “us” as City. It’s probably easier to keep an eye on Blackburn living close to them.
I’ve probably not phrased it very well Tim, I think the ‘us’ is still very much the case mate, he still has a huge affinity , but like you say with his links to Blackburn and them having a decent size fan base around there, it probably became more the topic of conversation round there rather than his time with us.

I’ve probably not phrased it very well Tim, I think the ‘us’ is still very much the case mate, he still has a huge affinity , but like you say with his links to Blackburn and them having a decent size fan base around there, it probably became more the topic of conversation round there rather than his time with us.
Thanks Dirty Harry. I was supposed to organise a minibus load of Blues to spend the day at the Masons Arms but broke my foot over celebrating our Champs League win. I’m still on the mend lol

Thanks Dirty Harry. I was supposed to organise a minibus load of Blues to spend the day at the Masons Arms but broke my foot over celebrating our Champs League win. I’m still on the mend lol
I know he’s not always there Tim (my lad and one of my daughters only live around the corner) so may have been an Omen lol, my lad says he’s always up for a chat about his football career though when there and it’s not busy, still looks a handy lad, and laughed when he told him he was one of his dads hero’s, not sure whether that was because he’s never seen himself as someone’s hero, or, because it made him feel old (My lads mid 30’s :-D).

I know he’s not always there Tim (my lad and one of my daughters only live around the corner) so may have been an Omen lol, my lad says he’s always up for a chat about his football career though when there and it’s not busy, still looks a handy lad, and laughed when he told him he was one of his dads hero’s, not sure whether that was because he’s never seen himself as someone’s hero, or, because it made him feel old (My lads mid 30’s :-D).
He played in a friendly in Sligo a week or two back to remember the 25th anniversary of Rovers winning the FAI Cup. He was the manager (25 years ago) but still seems to be able to get around the pitch.

Victory Road is not far from train station and in middle of town, easy to walk to...Spoons is just across road from station but also few pubs in centre and some new craft beer pubs as well have popped up last time I was in....Victory Road is a proper old school ground and people very nice....good pint and takes you back to watching football standing and looking palyers in the eye you are that close.....no rain forecast as well.....I am going to try and get along £8 for adult.

Bloody hell, didn't see that amongst the Ataturk narratives! How the hell did you manage the post-match carnage with a broken foot..? What a nightmare!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.