Chorley V Man City XI 01/08/23

Tue place to go is the Mason’s arms. Run by City legend Nicky Reid
Nicky Reid, one of my favourite City players from the early 80s, very popular with the fans. Maybe not quite (!!) on the same level talent wise as those we see now but loved his 100% no nonsense attitude. There would have been a few bruised opponents for sure on that 81 Cup run with him and Gerry Gow in the same team!
Quite gutted when we shipped him out and John Bond brought in his son Kevin (who tbf got some stick that wasn't his fault and did eventually seem to win the fans over)
Nicky Reid was a blue growing up and was also into his Rock music I seem to remember reading many years ago?
From memory I've only been to Chorley maybe 2 or 3 times( and one was Camelot) but that boozer sounds worth checking out for a chat with the landlord!

Victory Road is not far from train station and in middle of town, easy to walk to...Spoons is just across road from station but also few pubs in centre and some new craft beer pubs as well have popped up last time I was in....Victory Road is a proper old school ground and people very nice....good pint and takes you back to watching football standing and looking palyers in the eye you are that close.....no rain forecast as well.....I am going to try and get along £8 for adult.

Victory Road ? It's off Duke St,Ashby St- Victory Park is the name of it

Victory Road ? It's off Duke St,Ashby St- Victory Park is the name of it
From Victory Street to Victory Park, possibly via Victory Road, or not...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.