Chris Wilder criticises perceived bias from officials

Now I think about it, do you think a referee would be stupid enough to make disparaging comments about one of the players during a game, or a VAR to say he didn't give a decision because they wanted to help their mate out, or a referee to say they were told to change their match report to get the desired disciplinary outcome?

But like I say, it doesn't really matter. It's not a good look for the league when managers feel they have to say things like that, whatever the story is. It seems to me it's happening more and more and it's another headache for Masters. And VAR hasn't helped at all, btw.

To be honest mate, I think any legitimate complaints that managers may have are lost in amongst a non stop tirade of sour grapes and deflection tactics, every time they have a bad result.

To be honest mate, I think any legitimate complaints that managers may have are lost in amongst a non stop tirade of sour grapes and deflection tactics, every time they have a bad result.

That's for sure. I am just sensing a disturbance in the force over and above the normal swirls and eddies of sour grapes and deflection. You may be right or I may be. We will see soon enough, I suppose.

A simple yes or no follow up question for you then.
Do you think, in the Liverpool v Chelsea match last weekend, that the referee applied the Laws of the Game equally, fairly and correctly to the best of his ability and showed no indication of bias in his decision making towards either team?
I didn't see it, City were playing at home at the same time!!!!!

I wouldn’t say we have an official ‘openly ‘ saying anything.

We do have a manager claiming that an unnamed official said something to him, in amongst a nonsensical rant that included disrespectful sandwich eating.

So do you think Chris Wilder made it up?

Obviously I don’t know.

But I think him completely making it up or misrepresenting something that was said to him lightheartedly, are both more likely than what he’s claiming.
The other option being that he's having a mental breakdown in public.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.