Chris Wilder criticises perceived bias from officials

I wouldn’t say we have an official ‘openly ‘ saying anything.

We do have a manager claiming that an unnamed official said something to him, in amongst a nonsensical rant that included disrespectful sandwich eating.

Sandwiches or not, it's not a good look when managers start saying this sort of thing. Let's see how it develops.

Yep, to suggest that there's summat untoward in the arbitration and governance of the national sport fits rather nicely with the FA rule about 'bringing the game into disrepute! Get yer hand in yer pocket, Chris, or dust off yer chequebook!
yes unfortunatly hes going to get a fine or a ban ... for speaking the truth , especially with those oily arab owners ( sorry, are they still owned by arabs ? )

I wouldn’t say we have an official ‘openly ‘ saying anything.

We do have a manager claiming that an unnamed official said something to him, in amongst a nonsensical rant that included disrespectful sandwich eating.
Disrespectful sandwich eating by match officials needs urgent investigation

Sandwiches or not, it's not a good look when managers start saying this sort of thing. Let's see how it develops.

Do you honestly think it’s likely that a Premier League referee, who presumably will be refereeing Sheffield United at some point this season and knowing that their manager is going to be commenting on his performance after that game, is likely to have said that to their manager?

Do you honestly think it’s likely that a Premier League referee, who presumably will be refereeing Sheffield United at some point this season and knowing that their manager is going to be commenting on his performance after that game, is likely to have said that to their manager?
You have such faith in officials and pigmol , quite sweet really

I have no idea, but it's not a good look whatever the story turns out to be. I can imagine the "smaller" clubs getting a little exasperated with the way things are going. Maybe the last PL votes were the start of something .....

You have such faith in officials and pigmol , quite sweet really

It’s not a question of faith. It’s a matter of doubting whether a referee would be stupid enough to put himself in the position of risking being outed if he did a Sheff Utd. game and pissed off the manager.

It’s not a question of faith. It’s a matter of doubting whether a referee would be stupid enough to put himself in the position of risking being outed if he did a Sheff Utd. game and pissed off the manager.

Now I think about it, do you think a referee would be stupid enough to make disparaging comments about one of the players during a game, or a VAR to say he didn't give a decision because they wanted to help their mate out, or a referee to say they were told to change their match report to get the desired disciplinary outcome?

But like I say, it doesn't really matter. It's not a good look for the league when managers feel they have to say things like that, whatever the story is. It seems to me it's happening more and more and it's another headache for Masters. And VAR hasn't helped at all, btw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.