Christian Eriksen

Status
Not open for further replies.
daxman said:
We can beat around the bush and fuss all we want, but outside of Chiridiis or whatever the Backup Romanian CD's name is, every other player SPurs have bought have been salivated on over here. So it is a bit rich from some of our fans trying to downplay Spurs haul.

If City had purchased

Negredo:
Lamela:
Navas:
Paulihno

This would have been a better and more balanced haul. I love Jovetic and Dihno. And I think both are great. But I believe the above would have made us better overall.

1. We would have had 2 wingers (Sure Lamela likes playing on the right, but he could be just as deadly on the left)
2. I think Paulihno is a cheaper, younger and more rounded CM than Dihno. I think it was Fantasyireland who complained about why we were chasing a 30 milliom CM, when we could get a cheaper, younger CM from the same country who many (including the national team's coach) deemed better. Now this doesn't mean he is better, but at worst he is close enough for some to believe so. He is also younger and cheaper. Overall that makes him a better buy in my opinon. Paulihno is a more complete Sandro, while Dihno is a more complete Ramirez. I prefer Sandro to Ramirez.
3. Not buying 4 strikers meant we could actually play with just one. City should be a 1 striker team. We had Dzeko and Aguero which meant we only needed one more striker, but sadly we got 2. Which forces us to almost always start with 2. A weakness of CIty's.

I hope they all bomb in the Prem: But if every buy by every team hits their potential, then Spurs will get the most gain from their haul.

I agree about the 4 strikers situation, it was an achilles heel of Bob's as well. I'll reserve judgement though until we see how well Jovetic does playing out on the left. I suppose that there will be plenty of times when we have one or two of them injured and if we're going to try and compete for 4 trophies then they will all get good play time. I do though think we are a better side with one up top and I'm hoping that when all fully fit we at least get a chance to see:

......Navas...........Silva.............Jovetic......
........................Aguero...........................

Rammy Blue said:
daxman said:
We can beat around the bush and fuss all we want, but outside of Chiridiis or whatever the Backup Romanian CD's name is, every other player SPurs have bought have been salivated on over here. So it is a bit rich from some of our fans trying to downplay Spurs haul.

If City had purchased

Negredo:
Lamela:
Navas:
Paulihno

This would have been a better and more balanced haul. I love Jovetic and Dihno. And I think both are great. But I believe the above would have made us better overall.

1. We would have had 2 wingers (Sure Lamela likes playing on the right, but he could be just as deadly on the left)
2. I think Paulihno is a cheaper, younger and more rounded CM than Dihno. I think it was Fantasyireland who complained about why we were chasing a 30 milliom CM, when we could get a cheaper, younger CM from the same country who many (including the national team's coach) deemed better. Now this doesn't mean he is better, but at worst he is close enough for some to believe so. He is also younger and cheaper. Overall that makes him a better buy in my opinon. Paulihno is a more complete Sandro, while Dihno is a more complete Ramirez. I prefer Sandro to Ramirez.
3. Not buying 4 strikers meant we could actually play with just one. City should be a 1 striker team. We had Dzeko and Aguero which meant we only needed one more striker, but sadly we got 2. Which forces us to almost always start with 2. A weakness of CIty's.

I hope they all bomb in the Prem: But if every buy by every team hits their potential, then Spurs will get the most gain from their haul.

I agree about the 4 strikers situation, it was an achilles heel of Bob's as well. I'll reserve judgement though until we see how well Jovetic does playing out on the left. I suppose that there will be plenty of times when we have one or two of them injured and if we're going to try and compete for 4 trophies then they will all get good play time. I do though think we are a better side with one up top and I'm hoping that when all fully fit we at least get a chance to see:

Based on recent form I'd prefer Negredo to Kun to be honest, more of a direct striker as well suitable for a 4-3-3.

Matt the Giant said:
Rammy Blue said:
daxman said:

If City had purchased

Negredo:
Lamela:
Navas:
Paulihno

Based on recent form I'd prefer Negredo to Kun to be honest, more of a direct striker as well suitable for a 4-3-3.

Yeah, fine with Alfie up top and Sergio as 1 of the 3 behind as well.

Rammy Blue said:
Yeah, fine with Alfie up top and Sergio as 1 of the 3 behind as well.
It's tough choice with Aguero because of his acceleration normally you would tell a cf to get behind the ball when we don't have the ball like Rooney does but because of his pace we normally see him as the furthest forward so we can counter. I'd like to see him play as the lone striker with Silva behind slipping through balls but because we have Negredo and Dzeko don't think we'll see it happen.

What a fecking great buy this fella will be for Spurs. Yet another cracking performance- this time from the bench - and he's only played 3 games.
Steal of the century for £11,5m
I did tell you.

The Fat el Hombre said:
How the FUCK did they get him for 11 million? Ridiculous

1 year left on his contract + Ajax are a selling club.

Eriksen has revealed to the papers that he turned us down last year as he didn't feel ready and thought he would have been sat on the bench.

LoveCity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Eriksen has revealed to the papers that he turned us down last year as he didn't feel ready and thought he would have been sat on the bench.
To be fair, he would and it hurts me to say that i think he chose the right club. Just gutted it wasn't city. Big fan of eriksen :)

spinzer said:
LoveCity said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

To be fair, he would and it hurts me to say that i think he chose the right club. Just gutted it wasn't city. Big fan of eriksen :)
Yup! He did. Players have to be smart with their decisions. City doesnt play with an AM in the hole. And when they do, it is simply by pushing Yaya upfield. Eriksen would have been forced to go play wide, which isn't his greatest strenght, and he would have had to compete with the highly respected Silva, and an as talented Nasri. He definitely would have ended up on the bench.

Hats off to him, he has a smart head on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.