Christian Eriksen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good little player but would you have him over Mata, Silva or Rooney? Same story with most of Spurs signing this window. The hype machine is getting out of control. I think he'll struggle with the lack of space he'll get in the prem too. We've all seen our respective creative mids man marked and doubled up on every week. I am surprised Ajax are letting him go for so little though. I thought he was valued quite highly, and weren't Dortmund after him?

CTID101 said:
He has been allowed to go into the last year of his contract and for all the usual media nonsense it looks like spurs are the only team that has ever actually put any money up for him.
I find it odd that no other team has seemingly showed serious intent on getting him and their must be reasons why.

People have said that for all our signings this summer, especially Paulinho, but they all look quality so far.

Castiel said:
Good little player but would you have him over Mata, Silva or Rooney? Same story with most of Spurs signing this window. The hype machine is getting out of control. I think he'll struggle with the lack of space he'll get in the prem too. We've all seen our respective creative mids man marked and doubled up on every week. I am surprised Ajax are letting him go for so little though. I thought he was valued quite highly, and weren't Dortmund after him?

Could have sworn Dortmund had a larger bid turned down earlier in the summer.

GHoddle said:
CTID101 said:
He has been allowed to go into the last year of his contract and for all the usual media nonsense it looks like spurs are the only team that has ever actually put any money up for him.
I find it odd that no other team has seemingly showed serious intent on getting him and their must be reasons why.

People have said that for all our signings this summer, especially Paulinho, but they all look quality so far.
What? 2 dodgy 1-0 penalty wins.

The weekend is your first test

Dr Jacoby said:
£11.5m?!
Last year of contract, the clubs that wanted him initially moved on to other targets.

Quite a steal in this market, but contract issues almost always give you a good deal.

A lot of scouts have gone cold on him. No idea why, he was good against us but maybe it's the small developmental things they see that we don't? Has he progressed a lot in the last 2 years?

avoidconfusion said:
Spurs are going to have a really strong team next this season.

A-fuckin-men to that!

And they have bid 35mil (which was rejected) for Mata as well!

Top three will be insanely difficult this year, and a very good team stands a good chance of finishing outside the top four. We can't afford to loose anymore points like we did at Cardiff, and let's keep that goal difference at + a lot.

We can beat around the bush and fuss all we want, but outside of Chiridiis or whatever the Backup Romanian CD's name is, every other player SPurs have bought have been salivated on over here. So it is a bit rich from some of our fans trying to downplay Spurs haul.

If City had purchased

Negredo:
Lamela:
Navas:
Paulihno

This would have been a better and more balanced haul. I love Jovetic and Dihno. And I think both are great. But I believe the above would have made us better overall.

1. We would have had 2 wingers (Sure Lamela likes playing on the right, but he could be just as deadly on the left)
2. I think Paulihno is a cheaper, younger and more rounded CM than Dihno. I think it was Fantasyireland who complained about why we were chasing a 30 milliom CM, when we could get a cheaper, younger CM from the same country who many (including the national team's coach) deemed better. Now this doesn't mean he is better, but at worst he is close enough for some to believe so. He is also younger and cheaper. Overall that makes him a better buy in my opinon. Paulihno is a more complete Sandro, while Dihno is a more complete Ramirez. I prefer Sandro to Ramirez.
3. Not buying 4 strikers meant we could actually play with just one. City should be a 1 striker team. We had Dzeko and Aguero which meant we only needed one more striker, but sadly we got 2. Which forces us to almost always start with 2. A weakness of CIty's.

I hope they all bomb in the Prem: But if every buy by every team hits their potential, then Spurs will get the most gain from their haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.