Chumps League Quarters

It's funny how every single fan has completely dismissed Shakhtar....

They have actually beaten Barca in the Nou Camp in the CL..... 2 years ago..... They also have an incredible home record.... and put pay to Arsenal winning their group. And remember if Bendtner had been able to control a football, Barca would in all probability be out.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Barca going out to Arsenal would have been... they were that close to going out....

As for my lot..... we got nothing to lose, no one expected us to get this far and thanks to you being in the FA Cup semi we have the week-end off after the 2nd leg at home to Real, whereas Real have the Classico v Barca 3 days after playing us.... in what is in all probability the title decider....

marcspurs said:
It's funny how every single fan has completely dismissed Shakhtar....

They have actually beaten Barca in the Nou Camp in the CL..... 2 years ago..... They also have an incredible home record.... and put pay to Arsenal winning their group. And remember if Bendtner had been able to control a football, Barca would in all probability be out.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of Barca going out to Arsenal would have been... they were that close to going out....

As for my lot..... we got nothing to lose, no one expected us to get this far and thanks to you being in the FA Cup semi we have the week-end off after the 2nd leg at home to Real, whereas Real have the Classico v Barca 3 days after playing us.... in what is in all probability the title decider....
4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

No-one thought Tottenham Hotspur had a chance of even getting a Top Four Premier League place last season.

Then all the experts wrote us off, saying we'd "Do an Everton" and not get past the Play-Off stage.

After that, no-one gave us a ghost of a chance against the reigning European & Italian Champions Inter Milan, the current Dutch Champions FC Twente and a very experienced German outfit Werder Bremen.

Having not only failed to embarass ourselves in the Group Stage but actually went and won the damn thing (and set a new Champions League goalscoring record in the process), Spurs were given no hope against the current Italian League leaders AC Milan in the Round of 16.

Yet here we are in the Quarter Finals with Real Madrid coming up and once again no-one thinking we've got a ghost of a chance to progress to the Semi-Finals.

THFC6061 said:
No-one thought Tottenham Hotspur had a chance of even getting a Top Four Premier League place last season.

Then all the experts wrote us off, saying we'd "Do an Everton" and not get past the Play-Off stage.

After that, no-one gave us a ghost of a chance against the reigning European & Italian Champions Inter Milan, the current Dutch Champions FC Twente and a very experienced German outfit Werder Bremen.

Having not only failed to embarass ourselves in the Group Stage but actually went and won the damn thing (and set a new Champions League goalscoring record in the process), Spurs were given no hope against the current Italian League leaders AC Milan in the Round of 16.

Yet here we are in the Quarter Finals with Real Madrid coming up and once again no-one thinking we've got a ghost of a chance to progress to the Semi-Finals.

I do think Madrid will win over 2 legs, but you just never know, thats why I love football :)

THFC6061 said:

Spurs against the rest of the world? You should be a City fan then you'd really know about that

You played Inter at the right time, and Italian football is at a low point. But everyone will agree that Spurs have done themselves proud.

You've got a glamour draw alright, but if you wanted to win it, it's bad with your path to the final now really difficult.

Enjoy the Champions League this season.

You played Inter at the right time

Of course we did.

Choosing to play Inter Milan when they were the reigning Italian, European and World Champions is the perfect time to come up against them.

5255.jpg

I was in a taxi this afternoon and the driver put Talksport on the radio. I'd never listened to it before but had read about it on this forum and how ridiculous it is, they were talking about the CL quarter finals.

The first time I'd ever listened to it, and not only that it it was only turned on on for about three minutes before I got out, so within the first three minutes I'd ever listened to the station I heard a guy say that he thought Harry Redknapp was a better manger than Jose Mourinho.

Everything I'd read about it on this forum is true. I'm not even saying Redknapp is no good, but that's one of the most moronic things I've ever heard on the radio, and I've heard Chris Moyles show.

Spurs are a good team, I thought they'd get through their group stages, I thought they'd get through vs AC Milan but I just can't see them getting past Real Madrid, that's no dis-respect to Spurs, they've deserved to get where they are but it's just my thoughts, they aren't good enough to beat Real Madrid, of course they have a chance though, Real Madrid aren't that great.

Barcelona, Real, Inter are the definites I think, tough one United vs Chelsea. Looking at the Prem and this season, it's easy to say United but Chelsea's record vs United is quite good so should be an interesting one but I think United will just sneak it. So that would leave us with.

Madrid vs Barca... and United vs Inter. Given I have a lot of United friends and I really like Barca, I'd hope for Barca vs United, go round mates house, 10 of us (yes I know that many United fans in the midlands and I can watch Barca destroy them! perfect!!)

Marvin said:
THFC6061 said:

Spurs against the rest of the world? You should be a City fan then you'd really know about that

You played Inter at the right time, and Italian football is at a low point. But everyone will agree that Spurs have done themselves proud.

You've got a glamour draw alright, but if you wanted to win it, it's bad with your path to the final now really difficult.

Enjoy the Champions League this season.

Im mad spurs progressed because I HATE hearing when the spuds go marching in. Its terrible. Really terrible..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.