Cig fine in Manchester

A lot of people don’t see dropping a cig butt as littering. A person who would drop a cig butt without thinking often wouldn’t dream of dropping a mars bar wrapper. It’s a shame really because it leads to bad feeling against the council, like they are doing it to make money. But it is littering, cig butts are nasty toxic things and loads of them are dropped.

I've watched some of these blogger's who advise people who are being stopped by these litter enforcers. They can't force you to give your name and address, nor can they stop you from walking away. They can of course follow you. If you walk into a shop or such I believe they can't follow you in there. They often call the police to assist but I don't know how much jurisdiction the police have in these matters. Is it classed as a civil matter?

I've watched some of these blogger's who advise people who are being stopped by these litter enforcers. They can't force you to give your name and address, nor can they stop you from walking away. They can of course follow you. If you walk into a shop or such I believe they can't follow you in there. They often call the police to assist but I don't know how much jurisdiction the police have in these matters. Is it classed as a civil matter?
Beat me to it. There is a good example of this in the midlands I think.

Charlie Veitch also goes after the tyrants.

Thee is no excuse to throw a cig dimp on the floor though.

Beat me to it. There is a good example of this in the midlands I think.

Charlie Veitch also goes after the tyrants.

Thee is no excuse to throw a cig dimp on the floor though.

Yes littering is annoying. Surely they could warn people first though.

It’s a criminal offence to drop litter. It’s also an offence not to give your name and address when requested or to give a false one. The police can arrest you if the council ask them to but don’t think it would be a priority for the police. If you just walked off there’s not a lot the council can do, but just don’t drop litter and put yourself in that position.

It’s a criminal offence to drop litter. It’s also an offence not to give your name and address when requested or to give a false one. The police can arrest you if the council ask them to but don’t think it would be a priority for the police. If you just walked off there’s not a lot the council can do, but just don’t drop litter and put yourself in that position.

I checked and you are correct. It seems a bit ott to label it a criminal offence, though I agree with it being so with fly tipping. If you pay the fine you don't get prosecuted. As you say don't drop litter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.