Cig fine in Manchester

Ok, I'll admit it...it was me.
Got off a tram and then heading towards Picc Station for a train. So it was a bit of a rush..The guy from Manchester Council obviously followed us and then, according to him, videoed me on his body cam dropping a fag in the street

He then collared my partner first, and (weirdly) asked if it was OK to approach me
He then told me what I had done and I apologised. Can honestly say I didn't have a clue what I had done, because I do usually put my fag out in a bin or suchlike

I honestly thought that at first I was just getting a verbal warning, and gave my details.

Then I realised that I had been given a FPN of 150 quid.

I know I did wrong, but FFS.

One thing that really annoys me this, why can't people put their cig butts in a bin, there's enough of them.

I live in a block of flats with balconies (many are tenants, and smoking isn't allowed in their flat), so they smoke outside, and the majority just throw the butts onto the street below, they don't do this with their household rubbish, so why do they do it with cig butts ?

Same with drivers who have a cig, then just chuck it out of the window, it's just selfish and lazy, I've no problem with smokers, but many seem to do this, and I've no idea why.

Got off a tram and then heading towards Picc Station for a train. So it was a bit of a rush..The guy from Manchester Council obviously followed us and then, according to him, videoed me on his body cam dropping a fag in the street

He then collared my partner first, and (weirdly) asked if it was OK to approach me
He then told me what I had done and I apologised. Can honestly say I didn't have a clue what I had done, because I do usually put my fag out in a bin or suchlike

I honestly thought that at first I was just getting a verbal warning, and gave my details.

Easy target mac, tell 'em nowt but, generally law abiding people will cough and that's it ...£££ and a tick in the box.

I'll not condone a butt being chucked but far much worse happens every minute in town, get in the gardens area and take on some smackers who might kick off rather than a mild mannered CS.

And I bet you are the sort of person who wouldn’t dream of dropping a coke can on the floor. Personally because of our smoking culture where dropping/flicking the butt is “normal” I think councils should let you off if you pick it up when pulled up by them and only give you a fine if you refuse or you’ve been pulled up before. But issue fines straight away for “proper” litter so to speak.

I’m surprised they don’t make you pay for flicking ash on the floor or is that next. Becoming a dictatorship in this country

One thing that really annoys me this, why can't people put their cig butts in a bin, there's enough of them.

I live in a block of flats with balconies (many are tenants, and smoking isn't allowed in their flat), so they smoke outside, and the majority just throw the butts onto the street below, they don't do this with their household rubbish, so why do they do it with cig butts ?

Same with drivers who have a cig, then just chuck it out of the window, it's just selfish and lazy, I've no problem with smokers, but many seem to do this, and I've no idea why.

Smokers are creatures of habits. Once they get into a routine in that habit it's like they are on a autopilot.

The brother of an ex told me he got some smokers above to come and tidy up some butts they dropped into his balcony. He smoked himself.

Used to live somewhere with a smoker and she'd just pile up the butts in the ashtray outside until there were hundreds and it rained and leak the dirt. Took zero effort to bin more routinely.

Ffs indeed . I know that I would've given the twat grief so well done for keeping your cool.
I also believe you can get done even if you put fag end down a grid. Mental.

I hate it when people jump red lights, speed in built up areas or drop litter.

However dropping a cig butt (I've never smoked) isn't the worse crime in the world but it seems to carry a financial punishment harsher than speeding or jumping a red light which is ridiculous. I've been caught speeding this year, I had a reason and took the hit but motoring offences are far more dangerous than a dropped fag end.

Have you ever walked through any UK city centre around 6am, the streets are covered in fast food boxes/wrappers, nothing seems to be done about this apart from the councils having to employ loads of people to clear it all up every morning.
Why don't they fine all these people who drop burger wrappings after a night out, they could make a fucking fortune

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.