Cities in the Park 1991

urban genie

All these recent Heaton park gigs got me thinking, I have only been to gigs twice there the stone roses tour the other year but also to this and I have to say it was probably one of the best days I have been to at an open air gig that isn't a full on festival

Even dafter I only went to see the new fads really anything else was a bonus.

Also remember at the time a lot of tiny free gigs sponsored by carlsburg or hienekan in local towns that would have local bands play, or did I imagine it.

All these recent Heaton park gigs got me thinking, I have only been to gigs twice there the stone roses tour the other year but also to this and I have to say it was probably one of the best days I have been to at an open air gig that isn't a full on festival

Also remember at the time a lot of tiny free gigs sponsored by carlsburg or hienekan in local towns that would have local bands play, or did I imagine it.

I went to the 1st day.
Generators tripped out many times
Beautiful south (boo) and soup dragons (meh) pulled out.
The Fall were dire
De la soul suffered from the generator
OMD were good
The Wonder stuff were awesome

Having looked up which other bands played on the 1st day, can’t say I remember the buzzcocks, or the New FADS (moved from day 2)

I went to the 1st day.
Generators tripped out many times
Beautiful south (boo) and soup dragons (meh) pulled out.
The Fall were dire
De la soul suffered from the generator
OMD were good
The Wonder stuff were awesome

Having looked up which other bands played on the 1st day, can’t say I remember the buzzcocks, or the New FADS (moved from day 2)

Went on the sat too and wonderstuff were good.

What ever happened to Pepe Jeans? Sure they were the sponsor

Thanks for sharing that vid mate. As you're most probably aware I loved New FADS, but for whatever reason I missed that gig. A great Manchester indie band that stayed well under the mainstream radar. I have PM'd lead singer Andy Spearpoint on FB asking if he has any intention to reform, that was 6 months ago, and he hasn't replied as yet.

Thanks for sharing that vid mate. As you're most probably aware I loved New FADS, but for whatever reason I missed that gig. A great Manchester indie band that stayed well under the mainstream radar. I have PM'd lead singer Andy Spearpoint on FB asking if he has any intention to reform, that was 6 months ago, and he hasn't replied as yet.

I also loved the new fads thin kthey are probably the most underated of the bamds at the time and should have been bigger, saw them a few times, last I heard spearpoint is a teacher on the yorkshire border somewhere

I also loved the new fads thin kthey are probably the most underated of the bamds at the time and should have been bigger, saw them a few times, last I heard spearpoint is a teacher on the yorkshire border somewhere
I agree very underated, but they were 'Big' to me. I was lucky to see them 3 times, last time being Piece Hall in Halifax when Pulp were a support act. You're right, I read he lives in Marsden, didn't know he's a teacher though.

Big/New FADS

I was there on the Sunday, the Factory Records day. Took a strawberry acid about midday and had a magnificent day in the sun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.