Citizens

Status
Not open for further replies.
pottsy said:
Sam. said:
pottsy said:
original thread is deleted so why bring it back again ?

people are bored , it's 3 weeks before you plan to do something, you will just piss everyone off by trying to keep it going for another 3 weeks

It's all about spreading the word.

Would you really expect people to show up if we didn't advertise and let people know what we're doing?

We can't put a promotional thread up a few days before the event just to keep you happy. People wouldn't be able to make the nessecary arrangements to make sure they attended.

It's common sense.

common sense would be having a meeting before mouthing off on forums , having an idea of what you're about

you get people saying no drums and you change your policy ie we might not need a drum - or - we'll only drum in a certain way ! that's rubbish , you've backed down on your principles already

you're also saying "if it doesn't work we can say we tried" - you are giving yourself a way out, the palace fans the boro fans don't have that mentality - their mentality would be we carry on if it goes bad..not...we'll sack it off

everybody knows when you are meeting so why the need to tell everybody, we're not likely to have forgotten already

to be honest it doesn't really matter cos no-one will show anyway, people already making their excuses "i hope to make it" "i'll be there...if i'm not called into work" ..."sunday at 12 not great timing" - all of a sudden everybody has to work on a sunday

how is anyone supposed to have any confidence in what you're doing when you don't even know what you're doing yourselves?

just organise it through facebook and turn up yourselves, no need to keep BANGING THE DRUM over it !

I am expecting it to go bad in parts and most of the main people trying to get this going know that and think that too as far I as am aware.

Also how do you expect us to get people together without having the allure of going to a game and singing. If you just said lets meet up and talk about what we want to accomplish then no one would show, and anyway it can be talked about through thing like Facebook, Bluemoon and twitter.

Also we have said that we may use a drum or we may not, we don't know if we won't one yet as we haven't practiced with one yet, after there has been practice with one then you can ask us if we want a drum or not. WE WANT TO USE ONE BEFORE WE DECIDE, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT. Same goes goes for the Capo and anything else.

We know what we want as the end result and we know how we have to get there: by trying things.

The reason I want this thread going is for advertisement of our club, some people who rarely come one Bluemoon may want to come after reading this thread. Also this thread is for us to talk among ourselves while letting other people have there say and ask question.

I think all the people who are trying to get this going agree with me, if not i want them to talk to me about their view which is another reason for the thread's existence.

As long as some people show, that's ok as we also realize that it will take time to grow the group into a large numbered group. As it's looking at this moment in time plenty of people are excited about the idea's and want to come and sing with us.

I am glad this thread is here so things can be discussed; not everybody has the same opinion.

Any of you lot go to this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGsie3EYp58&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLZ54Vm1DcqAB2fymTSqQM_A[/youtube]

SS117 said:
Any of you lot go to this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGsie3EYp58&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLZ54Vm1DcqAB2fymTSqQM_A[/youtube]

This is one of my mates smoke bombs that we let off against united reserves, this is my mates recording aswell

BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
pottsy said:
Sam. said:

Would you really expect people to show up if we didn't advertise and let people know what we're doing?

We can't put a promotional thread up a few days before the event just to keep you happy. People wouldn't be able to make the nessecary arrangements to make sure they attended.

It's common sense.

common sense would be having a meeting before mouthing off on forums , having an idea of what you're about

you get people saying no drums and you change your policy ie we might not need a drum - or - we'll only drum in a certain way ! that's rubbish , you've backed down on your principles already

you're also saying "if it doesn't work we can say we tried" - you are giving yourself a way out, the palace fans the boro fans don't have that mentality - their mentality would be we carry on if it goes bad..not...we'll sack it off

everybody knows when you are meeting so why the need to tell everybody, we're not likely to have forgotten already

to be honest it doesn't really matter cos no-one will show anyway, people already making their excuses "i hope to make it" "i'll be there...if i'm not called into work" ..."sunday at 12 not great timing" - all of a sudden everybody has to work on a sunday

how is anyone supposed to have any confidence in what you're doing when you don't even know what you're doing yourselves?

just organise it through facebook and turn up yourselves, no need to keep BANGING THE DRUM over it !

I am glad this thread is here so things can be discussed; not everybody has the same opinion.

I'd be quite keen to know why a disgusting racist song was promoted on your website, and not a single one of your 'members' saw fit to comment beyond 'LOL!!!'.

Is also like to know why the grown ups on this forum who spotted you were laughing at the deaths of a family of Silkhs haven't been given a word of explanation or apology. In fact the one who spotted it, i know has been threatened on pm.

If you are going to follow the European ultras model of extreme racism, I think that the parents of the kids expressing an interest on this thread deserve to know.

andyhinch said:
Do we get a free scarf on joining?

Nope, due to there not being an actual club just a bunch of people who want to try and get an atmosphere going. Maybe in the future personalized scarves will be looked into but at the minute it's hard to say anything like that, If there is going to be scarves like the blue alliance have talk let's talk about it next year at the earliest.

And no they will not be free. Unless i win the lottery, then it's free scarves.

Didsbury Dave said:
BETTER-DEAD-THAN-RED said:
pottsy said:

I'd be quite keen to know why a disgusting racist song was promoted on your website, and not a single one of your 'members' saw fit to comment beyond 'LOL!!!'.

Is also like to know why the grown ups on this forum who spotted you were laughing at the deaths of a family of Silkhs haven't been given a word of explanation or apology. In fact the one who spotted it, i know has been threatened on pm.

If you are going to follow the European ultras model of extreme racism, I think that the parents of the kids expressing an interest on this thread deserve to know.

I agree that that is not on, its not what the group is about and I hope it doesn't happen again. I can't stop people from writing comments, but you are right about it should of been taken down straight away. Anyone who is racist will be rejected. It has tainted the reputation a bit but remember this is not what any of the people who want this group want. It's not what the group is about. You have a good point. I didn't know there was something about Sikhs posted on there. Also this may not be the time or the place but what happened, did some Sikhs die recently or something.

pottsy said:
Sam. said:
pottsy said:
original thread is deleted so why bring it back again ?

people are bored , it's 3 weeks before you plan to do something, you will just piss everyone off by trying to keep it going for another 3 weeks

It's common sense.

Firstly, on the subject of the drum, the aim has always been to use it in a European style. Not copying the likes of Wigan and Portsmouth. Their drumming technique is bang it as hard as you can for 90 minutes and then fuck off home. They use the drum to create the atmosphere whereas we are using one to sustain songs so that they last long enough for other fans around the ground to join in. At the moment we sing a song for 10 seconds and then sack it off before others in different blocks pluck up enough courage to join in and spread it around. That puts a massive hindrance on the atmosphere and doesn't let the people outside of the singing sections enjoy that matchday atmosphere that we all crave.

If you think we have the mentality of "If it doesn't work we can say we tried" then you're wrong. The conversations I've had with the people organising this tend to suggest that they are going to carry this on no matter what kind of numbers we get for the Chelsea and Juventus games. We'll stick at it and when we start getting some recognition, eventually others will want to be part of it. Start small and build it up, there's no rush.

You said "Everyone knows when you're meeting"...

Well guess what, you're wrong again. Not everyone visits the forum every hour of everyday and many probably have no idea what's going on and what we're about. All we're doing is letting them know when and where it is so they can decide whether they want to be part of it and join us. If they arn't interested, that's fine. If they are, then brilliant. More the merrier.

As for your ludicrous statement about no one showing up, you obviously haven't been looking at the event page. At the moment we have 23 people who are going and 9 maybe's and there is a good few weeks until the match itself. 23 is more than I was expecting if I'm being honest. That's excluding the people I've seen express interest who don't have Facebook and the friends and family they're intending to bring along.

If you think we are going to make fools of ourselves then stay out of the thread and watch what happens. The last thing you should be doing is coming on here slagging the idea off. You can continue to munch on you're prawn sandwich up in CBL3 while we try and improve the dreadful atmosphere. It's fine be me. I am constantly coming across threads on here that I either disagree with or have no intention of agreeing with what it concerns, but I don't go on there and put the idea and the people down. I let them get on with it. That probably shows who the more mature person is.

"No need to keep BANGING THE DRUM over it".

Thanks for the well though out pun, but it's already been used in the other thread.

The last thread was removed whilst we decide what to do about it, so another thread that heads down the same road isn't particularly helpful. I think you're best off sticking to Twitter/Facebook to promote yourselves for the timebeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.