City’s New Kits - 2021/22

Source claims Man City have already agreed deal with shirt sponsor​

Manchester City have agreed to extend the shirt sponsorship deal with Etihad beyond the publicly announced 2020/21 season, reports the Daily Mail.

Manchester City have already signed a contract with shirt sponsor Etihad that goes beyond the 2020/21 season, reports the Daily Mail.

The Abu Dhabi based sponsor has been affiliated with Manchester City since 2009, and been a mainstay on the club's shirts since then. Publicly, however, it was thought that the deal would expire in 2021, with it possible that City would look elsewhere for a new mega-money deal.

The Mail, though, say that the deal extends beyond 2021 with Manchester City hopeful 'the relationship is prolonged further'. That suggests the Etihad name will continue to adorn the club's shirts, worn by superstars like Sergio Aguero, Kevin de Bruyne and Raheem Sterling, for the foreseeable future.

The financial impact of COVID-19 is suggested as one reason behind the extension, as it is not an opportune moment to seek out a new sponsor in the current market.

It is also suggested that in the future City may separate the kit and naming rights as part of the deal. So, in practice, that could mean City's shirts are no longer sponsored by Etihad but the stadium could continue to be affiliated with the Abu Dhabi business.

I don't think the club would be doing ay deals right now ... I know they need to finalize something so kits and all can be designed/made etc in time for next season ... but that one year extension makes sense if that's the reason ... otherwise if I am in charge commercially, I'd wait and see if we win the big one this season (CL) and also if we sign Messi ... imagine those two happening or even if getting to the final of CL this season and then signing Messi and/or Halaand ... that's the time to negotiate with naming rights, as the value then shots up exponentially or do a deal with that caveat built in that that's the value now but if this or this happens, then value would be X times higher.

No fans have been able to wear this seasons shirt. They should just keep it the same for next season

That is one interesting take on it.

No way would anyone go for it, and it would never hit the sales targets, but it would certainly be one Hell of a symbolic move with a good bit of recognition and appreciation of the situation.

Time for a new thread for next season ...
Last year I started this in early March and thought that was way earlier than the year before (which was end March) ... and now we're still in February ...

No designs have been leaked yet (but fully expect them in a week or two) ... but here are the colours as per footyheadlines.com who always leak these first and so far have been pretty accurate with their leaks as the final kits have not been far from their initial leaks:

MANCHESTER CITY PUMA 21-22 HOME SHIRT

City Blue + Pure White

The Puma Manchester City 2021-2022 home football shirt will have the same base colour as this season, although the logos will likely be white as opposed to the navy used this season.

This picture shows the colours of the new Puma Manchester City HOME jersey for 2021-22:

man-city-21-22-kits-2.jpg

MANCHESTER CITY PUMA 2021-2022 AWAY JERSEY

Pearl White + Ocean Depths

The Puma Manchester City 2021-22 away football shirt will combine with white 'ocean depths', which is a shade similar to royal blue.

This picture shows the colours of the new Puma Man City AWAY football shirt for 2021-22:

man-city-21-22-kits-3.jpg

MANCHESTER CITY 21-22 THIRD KIT

Peacoat Navy + White

Completing the set, the Puma Manchester City 2021-2022 third jersey will be 'peacoat' (navy) with white.

This picture shows the colours of the new Puma Manchester City THIRD shirt for 2021-22:

man-city-21-22-kits-4.jpg
Third kit will have at least 7 different colours in some fucked up design, they'll be dying to get back on the acid trip after the relatively sober offering this season.

The two away kits this season have really grown on me.

Still looking forward to the melt down on here when people don’t like the new designs.

Reactions: kun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.