City’s New Kits - 2021/22

I’ll reserve judgement until I see the confirmed shirt. If I don’t like it, I won’t buy it.

It‘s a modus operandi I’ve used for 30 years.

So other than you buying or not buying it, you've never liked or disliked a shirt and how it looks on players or how the team look in them?

Not that it makes that much of a difference or that often, but there have been shirts that when watching games I find myself loving the whole feel because of how they look, and then others when there is that background level of wtf is that all about.

Is it genuinely the kit or has someone seen a city t shirt and just assumed it’s a kit? I can’t believe that they would make an actual football shirt with no badge on it. This simply won’t be a kit imo, no chance.

At least Puma are putting a bit of thought into it instead of a template used by dozens of clubs like we had with Nike. But that 3rd one is shite.

As others have said, bang the badge in the middle and the simplicity of it would make it brilliant.

Man City sounds like a Gay superclub.

I'm ok with that.
That’s the only thing I’ve ever found funny by Michael McIntyre, when he said “Man United sounds like a gay bar, next door to Man City, up the road from the Men Arena” while acting camp as a row of tents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would the club spend all the money they did on the new badge only to allow puma to give us a kit without it?

I’m afraid that this is probably real as Footy Headlines are usually on the mark. There was no suggestion that the mock up with the smaller badge was the kit, it was merely a concept to show what our kit would look like with the Italy away template.

If this turns out to be the real thing, it’s the worst kit in our history. Worse than sky blue with white sleeves, worse than sky blue with darker blue sleeves, worse than the Cillit Bang kit, worse than the calypso kit, worse than purple with orange sash.

I’ll reserve judgement until I see the confirmed shirt. If I don’t like it, I won’t buy it.

It‘s a modus operandi I’ve used for 30 years.
Indeed.

95% of all football kits are hanging. I expect them to be shit because they nearly always are shit. You would still have fingers spare if you counted the amount of really nice kits City have had since branding started being put on kits in the 1970s.

So I just buy the kits that come out that are nice, once every ten years or so that a supplier ever gets one right. Puma have had a couple of nice kits already and we’ve only been with them a few years, to be fair to them. Nike only had two nice kits out of 19 attempts (and one wasn’t even a kit, it was a Champions 2017-18 shirt).

Don’t forget we went from about 1991 through to about 2009 without one nice kit whatsoever. The 90s and 00s were the worst decades ever for football kits, even this one with no badge will look nicer than any we had in the majority of those two decades.

Still won’t buy it, but as long as the players look good in it on the pitch from a distance and they can pass the ball to each other easily, I’m happy enough with our kits. I’ll just wait until the next nice one comes out...

Club gets paid anyway so it’s only puma that loses out if they don’t sell? I love the colour and design of that navy kit, I just hate the man city written on it? Take that out, put the badge in the middle of the shirt and it’s really nice imo!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.