City’s New Kits

In itself I dont like the laser blue now. But during the 90s it felt to me like the kit was gradually getting paler and more washed out looking, and equally our performances were becoming more and more insipid.

As such, I really liked it when we launched the first laser blue kit. It felt like we were trying to break from how shite we'd become. It almost felt like reinventing ourselves, as we really had become a bit of a joke - it was the start of our return.

The blue we wore before the 80’s was a lot darker than some of the paler kits which followed.

TELEMMGLPICT000248043971_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq31nZxXR2vc6Bv6VkQe2yCKZuqJK3_Fc8qEI8I7k-hlk.jpeg

E5mV7sQXMAYGOCf.jpg

My mate had the chequerboard one. He was pissed off because the same shirt with the new Brother sponsor was for sale just after he got it.
my all time favourite away kit,unfortunately not even a reproduction in club shop or in scoredraw ....

my all time favourite away kit,unfortunately not even a reproduction in club shop or in scoredraw ....

Real shame they haven’t redone this officially. There was a group on FB where one of the members was doing high class reproductions and I’m sure he did this shirt. Did the yellow 89 one, the white version of that plus the weird yellow and black kappa one.

Annoyingly I can’t recall the name of the group or the bloke!

Real shame they haven’t redone this officially. There was a group on FB where one of the members was doing high class reproductions and I’m sure he did this shirt. Did the yellow 89 one, the white version of that plus the weird yellow and black kappa one.

Annoyingly I can’t recall the name of the group or the bloke!
Ian selgetts. I get all my retros from him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.