City’s New Kits

I remember the laser blue being suggested to allow City more floodlit lower league home games... and be prepared for dingy away games. Was in secondary school and it felt like City became reinvented... rejuvenation... and Typical City all at once.

Liked the laser for that initial, penultimate season and final Maine Road season. Other times it looked bobbins.

In itself I dont like the laser blue now. But during the 90s it felt to me like the kit was gradually getting paler and more washed out looking, and equally our performances were becoming more and more insipid.

As such, I really liked it when we launched the first laser blue kit. It felt like we were trying to break from how shite we'd become. It almost felt like reinventing ourselves, as we really had become a bit of a joke - it was the start of our return.

The Laser Blue kit is my all time favourite. Reminds me of Ali Benarbia too... :-)

View attachment 73345
I gave this shirt to my mum, who sadly passed away just after christmas last year. So it's now back with me here in the US and is draped over the chair next to me for every match. Just so mum can always be there with me,in spirit, watching our beloved football team together.

Last edited:
In itself I dont like the laser blue now. But during the 90s it felt to me like the kit was gradually getting paler and more washed out looking, and equally our performances were becoming more and more insipid.

As such, I really liked it when we launched the first laser blue kit. It felt like we were trying to break from how shite we'd become. It almost felt like reinventing ourselves, as we really had become a bit of a joke - it was the start of our return.
I recall the City magazine echoing the view of kit paleness of the kits and performances too. The defibrillator that was laser blue worked, albeit after teething trauma and drama. It got us to the Premier League twice. The new ground was the perfect time to go back to sky blue. Something borrowed*, something blue, something old, something new...

*from Manchester Council

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.