City’s New Kits

When it comes to kits FOCs will want the same sort of design year in year out. Well guess what … kits aren't aimed at anyone over 20. Youre just a sad old twat if youre over 20 and still wearing replica tops.

They arent aimed at you!!!!
Was that post for emphasis?!

1) What’s wrong with a FOC who has been through the wringer with this club not only wanting Home & Away shirts that look like they’re Man City shirts?

2) What’s wrong with a FOC wearing his colours to a game?

3) I have nothing against the THIRD KIT being novel or unique every season, as long as the players don’t look like knobs in it.

FWIW, I have liked quite a few of the more colorful ones and I have a few of them hung in the closet! Then again, I’d be classed as a FOC by anyone who thinks the world began at “Y2K!”

I have nothing against the “lightning” shirt, except that it looks like a training top! Depending on the shorts and docks, it could look quite good.

My problem with such dark kits is that we often wear them away in the CL, or midweek Cup games, at night and I (and I think the players!) prefer to see a light colored shirt to be able to pick out movement. I’m sure 12 yr olds don’t think about that and if I were 12 again, I’d probably want all 3 kits every year, like most kids!!

When it comes to kits FOCs will want the same sort of design year in year out. Well guess what … kits aren't aimed at anyone over 20. Youre just a sad old twat if youre over 20 and still wearing replica tops.

Must be a lot of sad old twats at the ground every match then?

I never get this snobbishness about wearing the shirt in England. The semi final against united (the only capital they deserve is punishment) was a great example of how good an end of a ground can look when everyone wears sky blue.

I’ve been to a Dortmund home match and everyone wearing yellow and black looked amazing. Last Saturday I was at Sampdoria and they are another set of fans who proudly wear their colours.

Occasionally, when I stay over in Manchester after the game (ex-Pat), I don’t wear colours because I’m drinking around town but took my daughter today and was proud that we were both in sky blue. Her in the mosaic shirt, me in my kappa.

Tbf, we're a weird bunch because there's loads who like the red/black away shirts. Must be hard for designers to understand that we don't want red but we do want red sometimes.
My first City 'away' kit and still my favourite
city-celebrate-at-full-time-612x411.jpeg

This isn't about if its aimed at FOCcas abit of merchandise, it's about it as the actual kit amd colours the players are wearing and representing our club in on the pitch.

City can produce as many club branded clothing of 1000s of different designs and styles for people to go out and wear casually as they want, but what we wear to play matches in should not drift too far from the core colours and style for the home amd 2nd strip

I don't have an issue with the 3rd kit being funky and aimed at young people and kids but a red monocrome badge is going too far.

On an aside I am 47 and never buy or wear kits oftern and if I do they only get worn on holiday or dossing about the house, never to the game, mainly as I will be going out for a pint and also last time I did we got relegated so find wearning them on a matchday bad luck ;-)

This isn't about if its aimed at FOCcas abit of merchandise, it's about it as the actual kit amd colours the players are wearing and representing our club in on the pitch.

City can produce as many club branded clothing of 1000s of different designs and styles for people to go out and wear casually as they want, but what we wear to play matches in should not drift too far from the core colours and style for the home amd 2nd strip

I don't have an issue with the 3rd kit being funky and aimed at young people and kids but a red monocrome badge is going too far.

On an aside I am 47 and never buy or wear kits oftern and if I do they only get worn on holiday or dossing about the house, never to the game, mainly as I will be going out for a pint and also last time I did we got relegated so find wearning them on a matchday bad luck ;-)
Ok with this i absolutely agree, to a point. Certainly with the home and second kit.
Home kit obviously blue and second kit usually red/black, maroon, white with a sash etc.
but …. We just unfortunately football has changed so much that merchandise is a massive part of the money that has ruined/improved football.
Puma pay us a huge amount of money, but they dont make any where near the investment back. They make a sizable loss. But they still want to make as much as possible back so will ultimately make that final choice on design. And good shirt sales gets us better deals
The much maligned (yearly) criticism of our garish third kits is something we either put up with … or moan.
Look at this years third kit, people moaned like fuck, we look like celtic etc. but its a decent seller. Kids love it, they dont care that green has nothing to do with city. And when haaland smashed that scissor kit in against saints whilst wearing it, i didnt care either.

And your last line. The badge aint red. Its more cerise , and all the cerise colouring will glow in the dark. My kids have seen a prototype and have gone nuts for it and thats the kit they want.
And when youre sat on hols and see our future blues running round in that kit you’ll fucking love it

My first City 'away' kit and still my favourite
city-celebrate-at-full-time-612x411.jpeg
This is half the problem when making everyone happy with kit designs. Us older fans want a version of that every year. And for home kits something that replicates our 60s/early 70s kits.
But if we have that, every year, sales will dip dramatically. So designers at puma try something different, sometimes they get it right, like this years home (smashed sales records) and sometimes wrong (the MAN CITY blue third kit wont happen again).

Cant please everyone and when it comes to us FOCs , we wont be happy unless its an ‘old kit’ design

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.