City’s New Kits

My 7 and 10 year old love it and its the one they want.

3rd kits literally aimed at u12s. Kits in general aimed at u20s.

Grown men shouldnt really like them
… replica kits …they are for kids
The vast majority of football kits are bought and worn by adults. I bet it’s up at something like 90%.

When you go in the shop, the shelves are stacked with row after row of adult sizes, kids sizes maybe get a few hangers each in a smaller more tucked away corner of the shop.

It’s like when you go to the game and all the matchday experience shit is aimed at kids and when you look around they must only make up about 5% of the entire attendance.

I think some people at City (and other football clubs) are out-of-touch with reality if they think kits are for kids.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to kits FOCs will want the same sort of design year in year out. Well guess what … kits aren't aimed at anyone over 20. Youre just a sad old twat if youre over 20 and still wearing replica tops.

They arent aimed at you!!!!
I doubt that’s true either.

There have been loads of different styles that sell well with adults. There might well be an overwhelming favourite style (like the 125 Years shirt) but there could be dozens of different styles that adults would like without going stupid like this third kit effort.

Again, if the marketing department at City don’t think shirt designs are aimed at adults, they’re in the wrong job because adults are the overwhelming majority of shirt buyers.

Besides, kits are about the adult players in the team who wear them and how they look in them, not a small percentage of the sales of them bought for kids or even adults.

I doubt that’s true either.

There have been loads of different styles that sell well with adults. There might well be an overwhelming favourite style (like the 125 Years shirt) but there could be dozens of different styles that adults would like without going stupid like this third kit effort.

Again, if the marketing department at City don’t think shirt designs are aimed at adults, they’re in the wrong job because adults are the overwhelming majority of shirt buyers.

Besides, kits are about the adult players in the team who wear them and how they look in them, not a small percentage of the sales of them bought for kids or even adults.
Puma. Puma design and decide the kits.

The vast majority of football kits are bought and worn by adults. I bet it’s up at something like 90%.

When you go in the shop, the shelves are stacked with row after row of adult sizes, kids sizes maybe get a few hangers each in a smaller more tucked away corner of the shop.

It’s like when you go to the game and all the matchday experience shit is aimed at kids and when you look around they must only make up about 5% of the entire attendance.

I think some people at City (and other football clubs) are out-of-touch with reality if they think kits are for kids.
Youre wrong. They puma/city obviously know exactly who the biggest buyers are due to sizes sold and its u20s. Lads from 16 (biggest buyers of home and away kits) and up will be buying adult sizes. Hence there being row upon row of adult sizes.

Do you not reckon puma may have an inkling what they are doing marketing wIse?

Youre wrong. They puma/city obviously know exactly who the biggest buyers are due to sizes sold and its u20s. Lads from 16 (biggest buyers of home and away kits) and up will be buying adult sizes. Hence there being row upon row of adult sizes.

Do you not reckon puma may have an inkling what they are doing marketing wIse?
16-20 year olds aren’t kids. Plus how on Earth do Puma have any idea how old the people buying the shirts are? I’ve never filled in a post-purchase questionnaire telling Puma my age whenever I’ve bought something from them.

They sell an XL adults shirt and it could be a 16 year old or a 76 year old and Puma would never be any the wiser.

16-20 year olds aren’t kids. Plus how on Earth do Puma have any idea how old the people buying the shirts are? I’ve never filled in a post-purchase questionnaire telling Puma my age whenever I’ve bought something from them.

They sell an XL adults shirt and it could be a 16 year old or a 76 year old and Puma would never be any the wiser.
Big companies spend huge fortunes on market research to know their target audience. Thought youd know this being a marketing expert

On account of them being the biggest buyers
Is there proof of that?
Going off crowds at matches in general, and particularly City's... take Ian Cheeseman's vlogs, almost all the older guys he talks to have replica shirts on... yet look at the City Lads who post group shots on Twitter... none of them wearing colours... I call bullshit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.