City’s New Kits

Oasis, just a band.
But they weren’t though
They shaped a time in music
Kids dressed like them
Haircuts
Attitude (not saying it’s right or wrong)
They could reform and sell out every ticket globally
Sure they could be dickheads, but they were like a breath of fresh air in probably one of the least inspiring decades of music
There first 2 albums stand up even today against other bands first albums
They made mancunians( for the majority) proud to come from a shitty, run down City, to showcase globally , that despite its failings, it was a place which didn’t give a fuck about what outsiders thought of it
All this whilst the Rags were hoovering up the trophies, we had that little chink of light that this pair of brothers from a council estate in Burnage were championing the blues in our lowest ebb.

And seriously folks on here,if a font and numbers on a shirt wind you up, you should take a look inward at yourself, it’s for the kids, not fat balding mid life crisis bores

Last edited:
Lots of negativity for the Gallagher brothers on here
They changed life with their music for millions of people globally
Even the way people dressed.
They championed City through the darkest days and they still do it today
How many people on this website have achieved what these 2,from a broken home, have done?

Prob one for a music thread this but I liked them when they started, they were a breath of fresh air for the British music industry.

However, all their best stuff is from the 90s and they live on past glories, yet they still have a daft amount of followers who proclaim any criticism means "you're just jealous". Ironically, that sounds like the rags....

Anyway, regarding the font. No, it isn't a big deal, but it does look rubbish. No, we do t have to buy a kit with it in, but yes, we will see our players wearing it. And that's nothing to do with who's writing it is, how rich he is, or who he supports.

It just looks crap and I would prefer more traditional style stuff on the back of our shirts. But it's just one season and then there will be something different to moan about anyway...

How is sizing?

I’m USA size, where we have to upsize UK sizes by at least 1 size

e.g. a U.S. XL is a U.K. XXL

Was Hebe sizing accurate UK sizing or did it require upsizing? If I wanted a loose fitting US XXL, would that be an XXL, 3XL or a 4XL?

Had an issue with shirts in the past. Ordered from another supplier and bought myself an XXL and my son a L. He ended up wearing mine and I ended up giving the L to a neighbor kid!

Thanks for any feedback. The new ‘99 throwback is sold out in most larger sizes atm anyway, but…

I always go with my normal size from there, I don't have a beer belly though! You want to make sure you don't buy the 'player version' as they are copies of the more expensive version the players wear and they come like spandex. If you message the seller directly on the app he'll measure it up for you in inches so you can be sure.

But they weren’t though
Kids dressed like them
Haircuts
Sure they could be dickheads, but they were like a breath of fresh air in probably one of the least inspiring decades of music
They made mancunians( for the majority) proud to come from a shitty run down City to showcase globally , that despite its failings, it was a place which didn’t give a fuck about what outsiders thought of it
All this whilst the Rags were hoovering up the trophies, we had that little chink of light that this pair of brothers from a council estate in Burnage were championing the blues in our lowest ebb.

And seriously, if a font and numbers on a shirt wind you up, you should take a look inward at yourself, it’s for the kids, not fat balding mid life crisis bores
Excellent

But they weren’t though
Kids dressed like them
Haircuts
They made mancunians( for the majority) proud to come from a shitty run down City to showcase globally , that despite its failings, it was a place which didn’t give a fuck about what outsiders thought of it

And seriously, if a font and numbers on a shirt wind you up, you should take a look inward at yourself, it’s for the kids, not fat balding mid life crisis bores

Lol, I was quoting a lyric from a song and
unless I'm losing my marbles I've made no comment on the font positive or negative but you crack on mate.

But fucked off to London at the earliest opportunity

So ? I lived in Kent since 1965 but I'm still 100% manic. I wonder why my parents moved out of Manchester in the 60's ! Now it's the other way round Manchester is buzzing and margate and thanet are shit holes ! Oh well lol

But they weren’t though
Kids dressed like them
Haircuts

And seriously folks on here,if a font and numbers on a shirt wind you up, you should take a look inward at yourself, it’s for the kids, not fat balding mid life crisis bores

It was a lyric mate.

So ? I lived in Kent since 1965 but I'm still 100% manic. I wonder why my parents moved out of Manchester in the 60's ! Now it's the other way round Manchester is buzzing and margate and thanet are shit holes ! Oh well lol

No issue at all with people moving away
It's when they're held up as some kind of flag bearers to promote the City in which they no longer live

Scousers were/are still doing it with the likes of Cilla Black and the Beatles

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.