City’s New Kits

But they weren’t though
They shaped a time in music
Kids dressed like them
Haircuts
Attitude (not saying it’s right or wrong)
They could reform and sell out every ticket globally
Sure they could be dickheads, but they were like a breath of fresh air in probably one of the least inspiring decades of music
There first 2 albums stand up even today against other bands first albums
They made mancunians( for the majority) proud to come from a shitty run down City to showcase globally , that despite its failings, it was a place which didn’t give a fuck about what outsiders thought of it
All this whilst the Rags were hoovering up the trophies, we had that little chink of light that this pair of brothers from a council estate in Burnage were championing the blues in our lowest ebb.

And seriously folks on here,if a font and numbers on a shirt wind you up, you should take a look inward at yourself, it’s for the kids, not fat balding mid life crisis bores
Top post.

I was at Knebworth and it was pinnacle.

No issue at all with people moving away
It's when they're held up as some kind of flag bearers to promote the City in which they no longer live

Scousers were/are still doing it with the likes of Cilla Black and the Beatles

Does that mean I should support a London team ? Why shouldnt I support the club from my roots as you say we moved away what rights have I to class myself as manic ?
I fight my corner with anyone around here who bad mouths City. I am wrong to do this as I don't live in Manchester now ?

You sound like a little englander ;)

Prob one for a music thread this but I liked them when they started, they were a breath of fresh air for the British music industry.

However, all their best stuff is from the 90s and they live on past glories, yet they still have a daft amount of followers who proclaim any criticism means "you're just jealous". Ironically, that sounds like the rags....

Anyway, regarding the font. No, it isn't a big deal, but it does look rubbish. No, we do t have to buy a kit with it in, but yes, we will see our players wearing it. And that's nothing to do with who's writing it is, how rich he is, or who he supports.

It just looks crap and I would prefer more traditional style stuff on the back of our shirts. But it's just one season and then there will be something different to moan about anyway...

Definitely Maybe, live, still sounds edgy and current. It oozes testosterone-fueled frustration and arrogantly arrives without caring about its effect. Much like Oasis. The recent Oasis-tribute act tour of Patron Saint Liam of Burnage struck me how much the music resonates with the younger generations now. Long live the swagger.

Have no problem with a few Oasis nods here and there at City. It's our City, and their City, and City for those who adopt it, or moved from Manchester to champion the City. A font, a limited edition shirt and so on. Marketing gimmicks. What matters is the sky is blue and City are unbeaten in June.

I don’t care about the font but I quite like it.

“everybody loves king fu fighting” vibes

You're having a mare with the predictive text. I preferred the previous version and was going to ask you to tell me more this "kink fu", would've been asking for a mate obviously :-)

I read a good point about the Noel font, which said it would have made more sense to have asked Brian Cannon to design it, as it was his handwriting on the Definitely Maybe album amongst various other Oasis designs.

I like Noel, but he's known as a songwriter, not for his handwriting, which outside of keen Oasis fans, I'm not sure many would recognise.

Brian Cannon: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Cannon

*Apologies if this was already posted on here, I can't remember where I read it, but did have a look through the last few pages.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.