City’s New Kits

Went and saw the new 4th shirt in the club shop on Saturday (never normally go in there) and it is class up close in person. Have changed my mind on it and will be buying it.
same opinion here thought it was awful but it great in person got on with oasis 25 on back

I know lots have already talked about tradition etc and City ‘not’ wearing blue at home but it’s actually more common than we may think that City have chosen to wear a colour other than blue at home. In fact it seems the only decade it’s not happened in is the 2010s. I explain a bit more here:

For years I used to think this picture was of a United game at Maine Road from when they played there looking at the colours of the kits, but it is a picture of City v Portsmouth in the FA Cup on 11th January 1936:

IMG_7538.jpeg

Looking at the kits, it looks like both team are in their away kits: City maroon shirts, white shorts, black socks; and Portsmouth white shirts, black shorts and socks.

Similar to the FA Cup final two years earlier but with us in black socks like the 1933 FA Cup final rather than the hooped socks of the 1934 final.

1933 final:
IMG_6050.jpeg

1934 final:

Last edited:
Went and saw the new 4th shirt in the club shop on Saturday (never normally go in there) and it is class up close in person. Have changed my mind on it and will be buying it.
I had the same opinion. Think the colours are classy and it looks nice in person (still not sold on the monochrome badge - any monochrome badge ever - though).

Ironically I thought the opposite when seeing it in person! Not keen on the washed out white.

Ah well, saved a few quid :-)

For years I used to think this picture was of a United game at Maine Road from when they played there looking at the colours of the kits, but it is a picture of City v Portsmouth in the FA Cup on 11th January 1936:

View attachment 132189

Looking at the kits, it looks like both team are in their away kits: City maroon shirts, white shorts, black socks; and Portsmouth white shirts, black shorts and socks.

Similar to the FA Cup final two years earlier but with us in black socks like the 1933 FA Cup final rather than the hooped socks of the 1934 final.

1933 final:
View attachment 132190

1934 final:

Crowds in those days were enormous! From the old photos I've seen it sometimes looks like Maine Road wasn't big enough.

View attachment 132189

1933 final:
View attachment 132190

1934 final:

No istree.....my arse in parsley !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.