City’s New Kits

On the kit change the other night - I've been thinking about this stuff a lot recently.

Whether or not people like the kit, that's by the by. Some do, some don't. Some liked the 99 play off kit, some don't. Some like us playing in red and black, some hate the idea of red on a City kit.

What isn't in dispute is that almost all City fans want us playing in sky blue and white at home. Almost all City fans want to pay a decent price for a home ticket. Selling loyalty points through season ticket boosters is not right. Sky changing kick off times so that West Ham fans can't get a Monday night train back from Newcastle isn't what West Ham or Newcastle fans want. Arsenal playing their derby at Spurs in an away kit isn't what Arsenal fans want. VAR wasn't what a lot of football fans wanted. Extra fixtures that we have to pay for and players have to play in isn't what fans and players want.

My point is that they (already have) are taking our game away from us. In Germany, they tried Monday night matches and the fans of most clubs demonstrated together and got them stopped. In this country, it's far too tribal and if we dare to have a dozen empty seats at a midweek match, we're ridiculed on social media.

It's the same as any aspect of life. Paying £8 for a beer at events, dynamic ticket pricing for gigs, Sky prices rising and rising even though football is taken off there when they lose contracts - but then make us feel like criminals when we find alternative ways to watch football on telly or buy football shirts from China instead of paying amounts that make your nose bleed. The masses will continue to have the piss taken out of them for as long as we put up with it.

It was something as little as the North London derby last week that brought all this to the front of my mind even though it had been bubbling away in the back for some time.

We want our fucking game back. Unfortunately, the only way we're going to get it is for huge amounts of people to simply say "no" and sadly, I don't believe there is enough of an appetite to do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.