City’s New Kits

You're not going to believe this, but RED has been popping up on our kits since the early 70s.
I'm quite aware of that Bozo but come on that doesn't make it right in principal. I loved wearing it back in the day with Colin's #8 sown on the back but now it just doesn't seem right to have a red kit. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Would prefer other colours. Nice looking kit but IMO red should never be on a City kit.
Can we drop this "red is the root of all evil" shit? Youre letting a Europa League standard team live in your head rent free.

We wear red and black because one of our most famous periods involves an FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup and we wore red and black for both. United dont have a monopoly on the colour red.

Can we drop this "red is the root of all evil" shit? Youre letting a Europa League standard team live in your head rent free.

We wear red and black because one of our most famous periods involves an FA Cup and European Cup Winners Cup and we wore red and black for both. United dont have a monopoly on the colour red.
Yep. Last time I checked we even had red on our fucking badge ffs

Yep. Last time I checked we even had red on our fucking badge ffs

Exactly. I dislike United with a passion, but when you read stories of people refusing to use Sharp or Vodafone products or refusing to have any red in their wardrobe, they just come across as a massive melt. Its not that deep.

Exactly. I dislike United with a passion, but when you read stories of people refusing to use Sharp or Vodafone products or refusing to have any red in their wardrobe, they just come across as a massive melt. Its not that deep.
Jamie lad, with all due respect, Red is a shite color. No self respecting City fan wears anything solid red. I bought a six pack of Hanes mens underwear the other week and the red ones went straight in the bin...i kid you not.

Jamie lad, with all due respect, Red is a shite color. No self respecting City fan wears anything solid red. I bought a six pack of Hanes mens underwear the other week and the red ones went straight in the bin...i kid you not.
Get help. Man City, Cork and Munster fans know there is a time and place for everything. No need for drawerless Blues commenting on whether other Blues are self respecting because of their choice of attire. Try calming your ardour by growing some red roses like the ones on our badge, have you seen them. If you have an issue with colours don't project it on the rest of us, with all due respect.

You want to call me on wearing my 1969 FA Cup replica shirt, you try mate. Worn it every match since the VK thunderbastard game v Leicester (in honour of Neil Young’s cup winner wearing said kit). I know it was a Big Mal invention: he had some good ideas, this being one; some bad ones too, Barry Silkman being one. The rossonero or the blue and purple sash equally iconic. I hate Man Utd. I don’t hate red any more than I hate Lancashire, blood, or AC Milan.

Get help. Man City, Cork and Munster fans know there is a time and place for everything. No need for drawerless Blues commenting on whether other Blues are self respecting because of their choice of attire. Try calming your ardour by growing some red roses like the ones on our badge, have you seen them. If you have an issue with colours don't project it on the rest of us,
Relax, it was little tongue in cheek and an attempt at humour. (My cousin vinny). I adored my old classic red and black kit when I was a nipper. I just rather us go maroon for the away.

Last edited:
Relax, it was little tongue in cheek and an attempt at humour. (My cousin vinny). I adored my old classic red and black kit when I was a nipper. I just rather us go maroon for the away.
You are so relaxed you managed to post my tongue in cheek comment under DenisHasDonett's name (your cousin Vinny may be responsible). I love my 1969 stripey shirt but I agree on a preference for maroon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.