City’s Top Five Keepers Of All Time

There have only been two world-class goalkeepers. One was Lev Yashin, the other was the German boy who played in Manchester – Trautmann.

—Lev Yashin

Sounds a bit of a big head.

Reminds me of when George Best was on the Footballers Football Show and picked himself in an all time great world X1.

Trautment?
1, BERT TRAUTMENT - purely based on his back story and what he had to go through plus playing and breaking his neck in an FA Cup Final,

2, EDERSON - I have picked him as my second choice based on obviously the medals he has won but also how I feel he revolutionised the game where keepers are now seen to be more involved in the game where they are pretty much playing as a sweeper nowadays

3, JOE HART - picked Joe at 3rd place as I feel that he was a big part of that team that helped us get over the line to win are first league title since 68, Although kompany was the captain I feel Joe was just as influential in that dressing room during that title winning season plus helping us win the FA Cup the year prior

4, JOE CORRIGAN - I picked corrigan at 4th place as I know how much he is held in high regard off the older section of are fan base, he had over 400 appearances who was a fine goalkeeper who helped the club achieve European and domestic success,

5, DAVID JAMES - this is a controversial one I know, I wanted to pick Nicky weaver but for me I picked David James purely because I think he was a better keeper than Nicky, the 2 years David James was with us I thought he was superb, made some absolute brilliant saves and gave some excellent performances, he was a big part as to why the team at the time managed to keep are premier league status,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.