City’s Top Five Keepers Of All Time

He was with is for half a season or something? David James came in after him.

I was delighted to see the back of Seaman he was horrendous with us. I remember he dropped two clangers against Arsenal at The Etihad, We were 1-0 up in that game and doing really well.
As soon as David James came in, the improvement in the confidence of the defenders was clearly evident.

As you said, Seaman was a disaster for us.

As soon as David James came in, the improvement in the confidence of the defenders was clearly evident.

As you said, Seaman was a disaster for us.
I remember he was at fault for a fair goals in his time with us hence why he decided to pack it in half way through a season.

I thought James done really well for us, Few mistakes but largely reliable for us. I think we finished 15th or 16th that season which was disappointing considering some of the players we had at our disposal, Van Buyten, Dunne, Distin, SWP, Fowler, Anelka ect

I remember he was at fault for a fair goals in his time with us hence why he decided to pack it in half way through a season.

I thought James done really well for us, Few mistakes but largely reliable for us. I think we finished 15th or 16th that season which was disappointing considering some of the players we had at our disposal, Van Buyten, Dunne, Distin, SWP, Fowler, Anelka ect
I think that was largely because Keegan had passed his sell-by date.

Never saw Frank and Bert, so I’d say

Ederson
Joe Hart
Joe Corrigan
Nicky Weaver
Stefan Ortega

Shout out for Harry Dowd too

He wasn't even THAT good. I have a hazy memory of an end of season game against Everton (maybe around 93 or 94; it's thirty years ago, so be gentle with me). We were 3 down at HT, and yes; he was in goal. He was absolutely catastrophic that afternoon, and (IIRC) ended up being subbed at the interval. Think the game ended up 5-2, so we "improved" in the second half!
Yes Jim, I was there and he was shockingly bad. I think he miss kicked a drop kick and got lobbed from it, or something similar. It was one of the last games of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.